Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > 120 film RF Folders

120 film RF Folders 120/220 Format Folding Rangefinders, including the various classic Zeiss Ikontas, Voigtlander Bessas, and their Ruskie copies.

Manual for a Bessa 66 (46)
Old 02-18-2017   #1
Spider67

Manual for a Bessa 66 (46)

Hi,

I decided after years of negelect to use my Bessa 66 again......alas I can't load ist properly as there is a mechanism preventing double exposures .....perhaps one of you has a Bessa 66 or 46 (1938-1940 and 1945-1950) and can "walk" me through?
Thanks in advance!
Greetings from Vienna
Des

Old 02-18-2017   #2
AZPhotog
Keith S

You could try the BUTKUS site -- he may or may not have information on this model

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/index.html

Old 02-18-2017   #3
Dan Daniel

On the 46's I've had, there is a counter advance button near the counter window. And with the back open, one of the silver rollers on each side of the film gate is what drives the counter. You can open the back and rotate the roller. Try rotating the roller in the direction it would move with film in. See if it moves the counter and/or releaes the shutter lock.

I don't remember the exact details, but once you get a handle on the order to push the button and the shutter release it should make sense. As I remember, set the counter to 0, load film and wind until 1 is in the window, then slide the button to get the counter to move to 1, then the camera takes care of the rest.

Old 02-18-2017   #4
Spider67

Thanks!

I'll give it another try!

Have a nice sunday!

Old 02-20-2017   #5
hanskerensky

You might have a look at the text written underneath this Flick image. The author explains there how to operate the double exposure prevention :

http:[email protected]/30999546760/

Have fun with your Bessa !

Old 02-21-2017   #6
summar

Hello Spider: I found a fine working Bessa 66 at a flea market many years ago. I couldn't find a manual for it online and finally found out how to work it by lengthy trial and error. Amother forum member had the same trouble long ago, so I typed out a personal set of complete instructions and forwarded it to him. (No manual on Mike Butkus' site.)
The instructions are still on my hard drive -- so if you like, send me a PM and I'll reply with the instructions attached as a PDF.