Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Being a Photographer > Photo Books / Mags / Articles / Blogs

Photo Books / Mags / Articles / Blogs This is the place to talk about Photo Books, Photography Magazines, Photography Articles, as well as specialized Photo booksellers. Some books are a lot better than others, so it really does make a difference which ones you buy!

Do people use wordpress for their blogs
Old 10-17-2016   #1
lxmike
M2 love

Do people use wordpress for their blogs

Hi does anyone use word press for their blogs and if so how do they publish their blogs so that they reach a greater audience, I am very new to all this

myblog:lifefromawindow

myRFFgallery:

Old 10-17-2016   #2
rybolt

I use Wordpress for several blogs. I find them to be bulky and not intuitive. They're fine for a music site that I do but I think I'm going to switch one of the photo sites over to Format. It's more expensive but much easier to use.
A pair of Barnack Anniversary cameras
Who knows how many others

http://www.ryboltcox.com

Old 10-17-2016   #3
finguanzo

I've used Wordpress for some time. Dosent matter what platform you use, all comes down to what aperture64 said.
Started to use craft cms for my last few sites. Like it much better.

Old 10-17-2016   #4
02Pilot
Malcontent

I use it and have been satisfied, but then my demands are low, as it's purely for recreation rather than professional purposes. Being free offsets minor dissatisfaction quite effectively, at least for me.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Old 11-06-2016   #5
Talus
pan sin sal

I've dabbled with Tumblr and Wordpress and have been using Wordpress. I don't blog much, but I found the Wordpress easier to navigate than the former. It's just a hobby and I'm fairly inconsistent. As for promoting...see post #2.

Old 11-18-2016   #6
dasuess
Nikon Freak

I have been using Wordpress for my photography site/blog for about four years now. Works great for me. I have it linked to my FB account so that all blog posts also go there.

http://DavidSuessImages.com

David A. Suess
Nikon Df: 24/f2.8, 28/f3.5, 35f/2, 43-86/f3.5, 55/f3.5 Micro, 85/f1.8, 105/f2.5, 180/f2.8, 200/f4, 300/f4.5
http://DavidSuessImages.com

Old 11-18-2016   #7
benmacphoto

I use Wordpress as well, and just turned it into my main website and cancelled my old site.
I just have to get more active with updating it.

Website

Old 11-18-2016   #8
sara

I've been using Wordpress since they first started out in...2002-ish?

Start off with a good amount of content!

Old 11-18-2016   #9
Brian Atherton

I use wordpress; my expectations on starting with them were low.

Having said this, I’ve been pleasantly surprised and pleased with their free service; no spam, no hiccups, plenty of feedback data and it's pretty simple for a computer klutz like me to use and navigate around.

My site (below) is purely for enjoyment and an outlet for my amateur photographic work. If I needed a site for professional use I would seek out a more adaptable and sophisticated host.

"Maintenant, mon ami !"
http://www.asingulareye.wordpress.com

Old 11-18-2016   #10
:: Mark

I use wordpress. The system is clunky and automattic (the developer) keeps dumbing down and breaking the editing system.

However, there are many good hosting options both free and paid - and you can migrate your data should it prove necessary. For example, I am currently hosted on wordpress.com, after moving from my own server when the bandwidth requirement started to get expensive.

Wordpress has built-in tools to publicise posts on google and twitter and others, so once configured correctly all you have to do is write posts :-)

The main problem today is that blogging is slowly being killed by walled gardens such as Facebook, and many (most?) blogs are seeing a decline in traffic. Too many people think that Facebook is the internet, which is an excellent reason to support open alternatives.