Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Lomo / Diana / Holga / Pinhole /

Lomo / Diana / Holga / Pinhole / Dedicated to Lomo (NOT the same as Lomography) / Diana, Holga and Pinhole and photography. Not recommended for those endlessly obsessing over the sharpest lens.

Pinhole sweet spot?
Old 08-06-2016   #1
zuiko85

Pinhole sweet spot?

Just completed a pinhole with curved focal plane to use 5X8 photo paper. (8X10 cut directly in half). It saw first light this afternoon and I'm happy with the results. The curve covers 90 degrees with a radius/focal length of 129mm and a .4mm (.016 inch) pinhole working at f322. The reason I chose that size was because for compactness to area it's the most for the least. I can *just* develop in Paterson 5X7 trays with 1 pint bottles of dev/stop/fix in a very small interior bathroom. Figure I can do about 50 negative/positive pairs with 1 pint of solution. I'll try to scan a print later today or tomorrow to show a sample of the results.

Old 08-06-2016   #2
JoeV
Thin Air, Bright Sun

I agree, 5x8 paper is indeed a sweet spot for pinhole. It's amazing how much bigger an 8 x10 box camera gets, and how the 5x8 image isn't all that smaller. Looking forward to some images.

~Joe

Inventor of the Light Pipe Array
My Blog
My latest book