fuji x and voigtlander 75/1.8
Old 03-24-2016   #1
aizan

fuji x and voigtlander 75/1.8

anyone shooting with a fuji and the 75/1.8 heliar? how's that been working out for you? the dof should be almost as shallow as a hassy with the 180/4.

Old 03-24-2016   #2
jsrockit

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizan View Post
anyone shooting with a fuji and the 75/1.8 heliar? how's that been working out for you? the dof should be almost as shallow as a hassy with the 180/4.
I haven't shot with this, but I can't imagine a 112mm equiv lens on small sensorwill act like a 180mm lens on a big neg.

Old 03-24-2016   #3
sojournerphoto

.ot the voigtlander, but I put my old? canon Fd 85/1.8 on my XP2 the other night and it was super. Inside, at night I took a series of pictures of my wife. Lens wide open, close enough that her face filled the frame and focus was good in all but 2 - I think where I moved.

I printed one of the jpgs at 22.5 by 15 inches and it was lovely. The lens is probably not as sharp wide open as a modern fuji lens, but it draws as beautifully as I remember from my ae-1 days.

I suspect the voigt 75 would also work well.

Old 03-24-2016   #4
aizan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrockit View Post
I haven't shot with this, but I can't imagine a 112mm equiv lens on small sensorwill act like a 180mm lens on a big neg.
i'm comparing the 75mm on aps-c to the 180mm when they have the same angle of view on the long side (see the "horizontal" column here: http://www.hasselbladhistorical.eu/HW/HWequifoc.aspx), where a 180mm on 6x6 is like a 115mm lens on 35mm. a 75mm is like a 112.5mm.

according to the depth of field calculator:

fuji w/75mm f1.8 focused at 10ft = 4.56 inches
hasselblad w/180mm f4 focused at 10ft = 3.84 inches

a 75mm at f1.5 would give the same dof as the 180/4, so it's only a half stop difference.

i'm mostly interested because the 75/1.8 heliar and 180/4 cf are basically the same price, and kirk tuck is always saying that a hasselblad with the 180/4 is a sweet portrait rig.

Old 03-24-2016   #5
segedi
RFicianado

I have the X- T1 and Summarit 75mm f/2.4 and at minimum focusing distance (.7m) thee DOF is ridiculously small.

Segedi.com

Flickr

Twitter

Old 03-25-2016   #6
brant.kelly

I think it is great on my X-E2. I am a fan of Voigtlander lenses and I use them on my Nikon DSLR. Being an old guy, manual focus is my preferred method. Therefore I don't get all sad not having auto focus capabilities. Here is a quick shot at 1.8 of one of my cats. I was playing around with the Fuji Chrome emulation.

I focused on his right eye, and his little nose is out of the DOF. He is a patient cat who lets me get in his face with my lenses.

Clyde by Brant Kelly, on Flickr

Flickr