Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Kodak Retina RF

Kodak Retina RF This forum is for the 35mm Kodak Retinas, known for their German engineering, relatively modest price and superb lenses.

Retina IIIS with Xenar and Curtagon
Old 10-18-2015   #1
julio1fer

Retina IIIS with Xenar and Curtagon

After some time and patience, I got a Curtagon 35mm/2.8 to go with the Xenar that came with my IIIS. Both are very decent lenses as we all know.

Xenar

Curtagon

I shot all these at f/11 in a sunny day. Many lenses are excellent closed down to f/11, but the Xenar is a really sharp one. I must try these two with higher apertures.

For some reason I cannot see well the 50mm frame in the viewfinder (I use glasses but I do not think that is the reason). Next time I will have to use an external VF.

Old 10-18-2015   #2
David Murphy

Nice seascapes and yes fantastic optics. A good working IIIS with Schneider lenses is a wonderful rangefinder and really collectible these days as well.
Canon L1, Leotax S, Bessa R2C, Konica Autoreflex T, Canon FX, Pentax Spotmatic, Minolta SRT-101, Nikon F, Exakta VX, Miranda Automex II, Leotax K3, Yashica Mat LM, Leotax S, Pen FT, Rollei 35S, Ricoh Singlex TLS

http://legacycamera.wordpress.com