Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Half Frames / Subminiatures

Half Frames / Subminiatures This forum is for all half frame 35mm cameras, including the very popular Olympus Pens and their SLR cousins, the Pen F and Pen FT, as well as all smaller than half frame subminiature film cameras.

Pen EES-2
Old 07-05-2015   #1
giellaleafapmu

Pen EES-2

From the flee market I got a Pen EES-2 from the equivalent of 9.30 US$ after conversion. Usually the problem with these are the aperture blades sticking but I tried to set all f/stops with the flash mode and this one seems to work properly, the red flag does its work and so seem to be with the light meter (I won't be sure until I run a roll through it but so it seems by shooting with the back open against different light situation and looking how much is the aperture). I have to change the light seals but that's common for these finds. Now, I have two questions about the camera which I could not solve with a simple search. First: does anyone know to which distance each logo (one head, two heads, many heads and distant mountais) correspond? I can guess that the mountains are the infinity and that the one head is maybe 1.5 meter or so but I'd like to guess only once when scale focussing (guess the distance of the subject, not the distance corresponding to a logo on the lens). Second: this camera should have only two times, 1/200 is the high one, the slow one is either 1/30 or 1/40 (different sites give different values and I could not find the manual), not that it makes much difference but anyone knows which one of the two?

Thanks!

GLF

Old 07-05-2015   #2
Ranchu

You should look at the Trip 35 manual too, the distances and speeds are probably similar..

Old 07-05-2015   #3
marko.oja

The distances 1m, 1.5m, 3m, infinity.
Check here for a manual: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/olympus...mpus_ees-2.htm

Old 07-06-2015   #4
giellaleafapmu

Great! Thank you! Yesterday I had arrived to the same site but it didn't let me in and I believed the manual was for sale. Probably, it was just a problem of the server or something. I find it funny that "two heads" means "portrait" in their definition and that "one head" is "macro". Now I only need to find a roll of that "J135" film and I am ready to go!

GLF

Old 07-06-2015   #5
btgc

J135 stands for 135 type, made in Japan