Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > 120 / 220 film RF's

120 / 220 film RF's 120 / 220 format rangefinders including Fuji, Koni-Omega, Mamiya Press, Linhof 6x7/6x9 cameras, Mamiya 6/7 among others, but excluding the 120 folders and the Voigtlander 667 cameras that have their own forums.

Quick Release Base Plate for Mamiya 7 II
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
01cgeoghegan

Quick Release Base Plate for Mamiya 7 II

Hey there

I'm trying to source a custom quick release baseplate for my Mamiya 7 II that I can use with my Arca Swiss Ball Head whilst being able to use all the functions on the base of the camera (opening the slide/changing the film, etc).

I know Really Right Stuff used to make a great plate, but I can't find one ANYWHERE and I need to grab one before I leave to shoot a project on March 21st.

I don't suppose anyone has any great ideas/suggestions?

I'm based in the UK by the way.

Thanks in advance!

Kirk?
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
EdSawyer

Kirk?

I believe Kirk and/or acratech may have made one too. I have one (I forget which brand, one of those two, or maybe acratech), but I need to hang on to it, sorry. Good luck with search.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
J enea

i bought a generic quick release plate for my mamiya 6 off amazon to use on my arca swiss. its really short so it allows me to use all the things you mentioned. think i paid $10. i removed the 2 small screws on the bottom to make sure it fit in the ball head. i think i bought the 50mm one

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OGZKXDY...ing=UTF8&psc=1

make sure you measure how long the plate needs to be to allow access to the things you need. i did it and im happy. yes the plate is not very long but i have a sturdy tripod and the mamiya's dont have a lot of shake to them. they offer them in many different lenghts

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
css9450

If Kirk made one, it was probably a while back. I've not seen anything on their site for Mamiya. A pity too since I always get the runaround ordering from RRS but Kirk always gets whatever I order to me quick without the hassle.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
01cgeoghegan

Found the Acratech 2145 on Adorama. Annoying that shipping to the UK costs more than the actual clamp itself but I haven't been able to find one in the UK/EU and I need it before I leave in 2 weeks so I was in a bind.

Link for anyone interested:

https://www.adorama.com/acr2145.html

Old 3 Days Ago   #6
EdSawyer

update: The RRS baseplate is the B53 one (I have one, also one just sold on ebay: item # 162426684002).

Kirk is willing to remake the BL-7II L-bracket but the minimum order quantity is 100 pieces (@ approx $100/ea.). I'd be up for one but not sure if I can find 99 other people...