Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film > Analog DarkRoom / Printing

View Poll Results: D76 or XTOL
D76 159 44.79%
XTOL 196 55.21%
Voters: 355. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2015   #201
emmef2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu View Post
Just wanted to share this cool thing again. There are different developers on the top right.
Great find!
thanks

Old 01-28-2015   #202
Fotohuis

Quote:
xtol is xtol in Norway also ;-) so u can get everything without understanding a word...
My Norwegian language is as crappy as my Czech or Russian ..... BTW you CAN switch to English.

A good picture says more then thousand words .....

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #203
Ronald M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Then again ... the US pres gets voted in without having to really prove that he can actually run the country!
More than one got in without proving anything other than age.The only constitutional requirements are age 35 and be natural born citizen. One can not prove natural born and has a social security number registered to someone born in Conn. in 1894. That makes him 102. Yes place and date are coded into the number.

I get totally disgusted at the speeches some give and they clearly have no understanding of economics or needs of the people. Their only purpose is to stay in office.

And his opponent could not run the country and has history to prove it.

To be in congress, you need to need be 35 or 30, that`s all. And that is all some of them have, age.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #204
Ronald M

I can make D76 and it works perfectly, around $1 a liter. Turns amber when it goes bad.

Why do I need to make a whole gallon just to develop a few rolls?

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #205
Pioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Kaplan View Post
Keith, D-96 is the suggested soup for Eastman Double-X Negative 5222. Some folks here use the stuff.
I use D76 and D23 and prefer either of them to Xtol.

For users of EK 222, the formulas for D76 and D96 are very close. There are slightly higher amounts of each chemical in D96 as opposed to the amounts in D76 and the addition of a small amount of Potassium Bromide.

I suspect that D96 is recommended for cinema b&w film because it is a little more potent and will last for at least 100 feet of film (a standard length on a reel) before needing replenishment. Beyond that I would doubt that users of EK 5222 will see much difference between the two in real life developing.

"My 2nd 10,000 Are Not A Lot Better"
Dan