Any hesitation buying a used XE2?
Old 04-04-2016   #1
nightfly

Any hesitation buying a used XE2?

Thanks to a previous thread on what Fuji for an m9 user I'm looking at getting an XE-2. Just wondering if anyone would hesitate to pick one up used? Not going to be my primary camera so don't really want to buy new if I can avoid but know sub $1000 digital cameras aren't exactly built to last.

Old 04-04-2016   #2
back alley
IMAGES

the xe2 has been on sale for awhile, locally anyway...
as for used, if you find a good one go for it...with the upgraded firmware (ver 4) i am really enjoying using my 2 xe2 bodies....

xt20...xe2...xe1...
16...23...23...27...50...56...55-200

original canon F1...T90...24/2.8...100/2.8...200/2.8...300/5.6

Old 04-04-2016   #3
nightfly

I seem to have missed some sales here at Adorama a few weeks back judging by http://www.fujirumors.com/category/deals/. Looking for a black one. They seem to be full price everywhere which is weird with the XE2s out. Most places have them at same price.

Old 04-05-2016   #4
konicaman
konicaman

I know that it is not statistically significant , but I bought a use XE2 before x-mas with no problem. Upgraded it and it runs like a charm. Got it from Wex Photographic (no connection and all that) for app. half the price. I would get one from a reputable dealer and pay the few extra bucks. Never heard of one that failed so far.

Min danske webshop med notesbøger, fyldepenne og blæk

Old 04-05-2016   #5
jsrockit

Why would you hesitate?

Old 04-05-2016   #6
Saul
fighting inertia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrockit View Post
Why would you hesitate?
Don't some folks mistrust used electronics in terms of previous wear and tear?

Old 04-05-2016   #7
jsrockit

They might Saul, but is it really warranted? These cameras are pretty durable and most people take care of their stuff (most even baby their cameras).

Old 04-05-2016   #8
wrenhunter
RF newbie

I bought a used one last fall and it was great. I did end up "replacing" it with a new one via the Adorama kit deal in January, so I sold a great XE-2 as well as bought one

If you can buy one from a local store, or from one of the forums where feedback is posted, I'd say go for it.

Camera: Fuji X-Pro2 /Fuji X-M1 / CV Bessa R / Holga 120N / CV Bessa L / Rollei 35S / Yashicamat 124G
Lens: Fuji 27mm / Fuji 18mm/ Samyang 8mm / CV 21/4 / CV 35/2.5 / CV 50/1.5 / Jupiter-8 / Jupiter-9 / Leitz 90/4 Elmar

My Gallery
My Friend Flickr

Old 04-07-2016   #9
Ko.Fe.
Me. Write ESL. Ko.

Bang on! Used XE2 is affordable now! Lovely colors, sharp bw, high ISO while four times less expensive comparing to old used M8.

I'm thinking of getting used XE2 to have my Summarit 35 2.5 on digital body. I really like the lens.

I understand it should work for zone focusing. Zone focus with lens, press XE2 shutter release, picture will be taken. Quick&Dirty.

But I'm hesitant to get XE2, because I still can't find out how EVF is going to work with lens at f8, not to mention f16 (not enough light) and if any of manual focusing modes will works with Summarit without switching to zoom view or without having dual windows in EVF. All I want from XE2 is to have bright view in EVF at f5.5-8 set on Summarit and split image or whatever in the middle of the normal view. Just like focusing with split image in classic SLR VF. No switching, no picking, no zooming.

Just can't find information/confirmation anywhere....

Old 04-07-2016   #10
nightfly

I picked one up on the auction site. Going to be a travel camera where my M9 is a little heavier than I would like (backpacking). Also bought a Fuji 18/2 to keep things small.

Old 04-07-2016   #11
wrenhunter
RF newbie

Awesome! I just got an 18mm myself, loving that lens!

Camera: Fuji X-Pro2 /Fuji X-M1 / CV Bessa R / Holga 120N / CV Bessa L / Rollei 35S / Yashicamat 124G
Lens: Fuji 27mm / Fuji 18mm/ Samyang 8mm / CV 21/4 / CV 35/2.5 / CV 50/1.5 / Jupiter-8 / Jupiter-9 / Leitz 90/4 Elmar

My Gallery
My Friend Flickr

Old 04-07-2016   #12
nongfuspring

I have an X-E1 that has been around the world 5+ times, to something like 15 countries, has been rained on, dropped onto concrete more times than I can count, been in dust storms, rainforests, etc. Has no paint on the corners/sides, rubber hand grip has come off, all my lens hoods are warped. With the exception of the AF mode switch not working properly (recent issue) it actually works just fine. They don't feel particularly durable because they're light and have a plastic rear section, but they're actually pretty hardy because of that lack of weight - at least in my experience.

tl;dr I wouldn't hesitate to buy an X-E2 used so long as it's in good condition.

Old 02-25-2017   #13
Sylvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko.Fe. View Post
Bang on! Used XE2 is affordable now! Lovely colors, sharp bw, high ISO while four times less expensive comparing to old used M8.

I'm thinking of getting used XE2 to have my Summarit 35 2.5 on digital body. I really like the lens.

I understand it should work for zone focusing. Zone focus with lens, press XE2 shutter release, picture will be taken. Quick&Dirty.

But I'm hesitant to get XE2, because I still can't find out how EVF is going to work with lens at f8, not to mention f16 (not enough light) and if any of manual focusing modes will works with Summarit without switching to zoom view or without having dual windows in EVF. All I want from XE2 is to have bright view in EVF at f5.5-8 set on Summarit and split image or whatever in the middle of the normal view. Just like focusing with split image in classic SLR VF. No switching, no picking, no zooming.

Just can't find information/confirmation anywhere....
On the XT-1 there is a mode for "Studio" as if you were using flashes for the viewfinder. I'm pretty sure you could use that instead of previewing your exposure.