Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Coffee With Mentors > back alley's In The Bag

back alley's In The Bag Joe's quest for the ultimate Camera Bag! So many bags .. so little time ...

What bag for a Hasselblad 503?
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
dave lackey

What bag for a Hasselblad 503?

Time for another bag.

All my bags are dedicated, so there is nothing available for use with a 503 Blad and 80mm lens (loaner). Adding film, accessories and a meter... What bag will work best for all around carry?

Dave

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
newsgrunt

If I'm only going with the 80, mine lives in a Domke F-3XB. Otherwise Domke F-2B if the 40 or 50 are being used as well.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
oltimer

I use the Lowepro Nova 5. The Camera with my metering 45 degree head on it with an 80 attached. Other pockets for extra backs/shades, and the 150 and 250 in other slots. The older 40, I carry it in its own made case.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4
Godfrey
somewhat colored

I have an unusual choice for the Hasselblad 500 ... The Lowepro Passport Sling III internal shape matches the Hassy 500 with 80mm, waist level finder, and A12 back very nicely. There's plenty of space inside for film and meter, and a spare back, and when you unzip the expansion, a second lens (like the 50mm or 150mm) fits nicely in the there in a nice big, cushy lens pouch. Or you can stick your jacket or light sweater in there. The outside pockets are very convenient when you're shooting to hold meter or gray card, etc.

It's a good shooting solution for the boxy Hasselblad camera shape.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...iii_black.html

G

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
dave lackey

Both great suggestions! Thanks!

Today, I pressed the Billingham Hadley Pro into service. The 503cxi and Leica X1 filled up only half the bag but I was surprised how well the Billingham fit my shooting style with the Blad around my neck.

It was quite ergonomic considering my fumbling around with loading 120 film.., LOL. All I need now are two more film backs (pre-loaded) and a lot more shooting to get my stride.

Dave