Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Being a Photographer > Photo Books / Mags / Articles / Blogs

Photo Books / Mags / Articles / Blogs This is the place to talk about Photo Books, Photography Magazines, Photography Articles, as well as specialized Photo booksellers. Some books are a lot better than others, so it really does make a difference which ones you buy!

Old 03-16-2013   #41
jackson sy
Hard Core Shooter

want to have one signed. =)

will wait till you visit here again.

Hello Lem!

Old 03-26-2013   #42
dasuess
Nikon Freak

Bought the book when it was first offered. It was packed well and made the trip all the way to Minnesota (US) in great shape... Been on my living room coffee table ever since.

David A. Suess
Nikon Df: 24/f2.8, 28/f3.5, 35f/2, 43-86/f3.5, 55/f3.5 Micro, 85/f1.8, 105/f2.5, 180/f2.8, 200/f4, 300/f4.5
http://DavidSuessImages.com

Old 04-02-2013   #43
LChanyungco

i got nothing but love for you David ! thank you very much for your support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasuess View Post
Bought the book when it was first offered. It was packed well and made the trip all the way to Minnesota (US) in great shape... Been on my living room coffee table ever since.

hey Jackson, nice to hear from you ! i'm not sure when i'll be back to the PH... i'm moving to Shanghai soon then i don't know where from there... life is getting very interesting right now

All of the remaining book are going to be shipping from Warstein, Germany. same procedure, paypal etc etc. but i do have one more new book in my possession, let me know if you want me to send it to you. i've sent a few to Manila and they've all made it in perfect condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson sy View Post
want to have one signed. =)

will wait till you visit here again.

Hello Lem!

Old 04-03-2013   #44
jackson sy
Hard Core Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LChanyungco View Post
i got nothing but love for you David ! thank you very much for your support

hey Jackson, nice to hear from you ! i'm not sure when i'll be back to the PH... i'm moving to Shanghai soon then i don't know where from there... life is getting very interesting right now

All of the remaining book are going to be shipping from Warstein, Germany. same procedure, paypal etc etc. but i do have one more new book in my possession, let me know if you want me to send it to you. i've sent a few to Manila and they've all made it in perfect condition
hey lem, yes please.

send me thru my email how am i able to pay you. thanks.

[email protected]

Old 04-03-2013   #45
MiniMoke

Really happy this post has surfaced again!

I have ordered a copy of the book immediately and am looking forward to it. The pictures on your site are amazing.

Thanks for your work, Lem.

Old 04-11-2013   #46
MiniMoke

Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you that I got Lem's book some days ago and it is worth EVERY cent.

Stunning pictures, indeed.

Old 05-29-2013   #47
LChanyungco

thank you Frank ! Your copy was the last one i personally brought to the P.O. at Alexandreplatz i hope you know that i truly appreciate your support and endorsements.

*For those that are interested in the book, Chanybooks in Warstein DE is shipping to anywhere in the world. Just go to the site, click 'publication ' and checkout via paypal Also i have 5 unopened copies in my suitcase... So anyone in Shanghai can get their copy immediately thanks everyone !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMoke View Post
Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you that I got Lem's book some days ago and it is worth EVERY cent.

Stunning pictures, indeed.

Old 05-30-2013   #48
jackson sy
Hard Core Shooter

Dankeschön Lem!

Old 05-30-2013   #49
johannielscom
Leica II is The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson sy View Post
Dankeschön Lem!

Your post made me get my copy out again, and revisit it.

I'm still impressed by the whole book. I love Lems photo's, the quality of the reproductions in the book and the final form of it, printing quality etc.

I've visited Lem again last month, before he moved to Shanghai and had a great few days in Berlin. We went out shooting together and I got to see him work. Pretty cool to see the creation of great shots in progress!

Old 05-30-2013   #50
jackson sy
Hard Core Shooter

i agree. great photographs from a great photographer.

the book was neatly printed and presented.

Shipping time is only 2 weeks, talk about fast shipping.

Old 05-30-2013   #51
LChanyungco

maraming salamat & vriendelijk bedankt J&J

Old 07-31-2013   #52
LChanyungco

hello everyone, i just wanted to update you guys on my present location/situation. i'm temporarily back in Berlin because my marriage has failed... i'm not sure how long i'll be here or where i'll go next but for now i'm residing in Mitte. books are still shipping from Warstein however and will continue to do so for the unforeseen future. thanks and take care everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LChanyungco View Post

Old 07-31-2013   #53
Ron (Netherlands)

Congrats Lem with your finished project. Just saw this thread a little late - sorry to hear about your marriage..... Hope there are still some copies left when I'll visit Berlin which is scheduled by the end of this year....

Leica: IIa synch conversion, IIIb, M6 TTL Millenium, Rolleicord V, Rolleiflex 3.5F, Rolleiflex 2.8A

My Flickr

Old 07-31-2013   #54
sar-photo
Simon Robinson

Sorry to hear about your marriage Lem. I really hope things work out well for you.

I'm very tempted to buy a copy of your book - is there any way to get a signed copy?

Cheers
Simon

Old 07-31-2013   #55
LChanyungco

thanks for reaching out Simon. i appreciate all the good energy i can get

sending you a p.m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar-photo View Post
Sorry to hear about your marriage Lem. I really hope things work out well for you.

I'm very tempted to buy a copy of your book - is there any way to get a signed copy?

Cheers
Simon

Old 07-31-2013   #56
LChanyungco

hi Ron, sorry i didn't see your response earlier. i appreciate your kind words and i hope we cross paths late 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron (Netherlands) View Post
Congrats Lem with your finished project. Just saw this thread a little late - sorry to hear about your marriage..... Hope there are still some copies left when I'll visit Berlin which is scheduled by the end of this year....

Old 09-17-2014   #58
Tom A
RFF Sponsor

I got a copy of the book while in Berlin in early summer. Lem wasn't in town so Tommy (the tame finn) brought it to us. oghly appropriate too as Berlin is getting to become my favourite city. I highly recommend that you get yourself a copy - if you haven't done so already. Nice "moody" work and of course a M Leica, 50 and 35 (and the Ricoh 28) is about as good as it gets.

Old 10-21-2014   #59
LChanyungco

I'm super happy that you liked the book and that you liked the delivery service I spoke to Tommi earlier today actually. We talked about good films, good coffee, good friends, and his son and my homie Elihu . Thank you Tom and please give my regards to the fairer T of T&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom A View Post
I got a copy of the book while in Berlin in early summer. Lem wasn't in town so Tommy (the tame finn) brought it to us. oghly appropriate too as Berlin is getting to become my favourite city. I highly recommend that you get yourself a copy - if you haven't done so already. Nice "moody" work and of course a M Leica, 50 and 35 (and the Ricoh 28) is about as good as it gets.

Old 03-20-2015   #60
LChanyungco

This photograph is one of the 43 that comprise Breaking The Ice. The book that actualizes the moments in time when i felt that i was no longer in my comfort zone, mentally or geographically. It illustrates my fears and anxieties at the time and the build up of courage and light that came after an exhaustive exploration of myself through Berlin. Little did i know that this was just the beginning.

There are still copies available waiting for you to explore. Help me fund the next installment by purchasing 1 of the 400 copies that were printed. Check out PULL FOR LIFE too ! ❤︎

Old 09-12-2016   #61
LChanyungco

Hello Rff, i just wanted to bring this thread back to life. I still have copies ready to go out to those that don't have one. Thank you guys !