Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Coffee With Mentors > Canon Rangefinders - Peter Dechert and Peter Kitchingman

Canon Rangefinders - Peter Dechert and Peter Kitchingman Peter Dechert is best known for his Canon Rangefinder, Canon SLR, and Olympus Pen books, the latter two long out-of-print. He was a monthly columnist for many years for SHUTTERBUG magazine, and has contributed to many others. Most recently he has written about the pre-WW2 Zeiss 35mm cameras, but his interests in camera equipment and optics are many and varied. As a pro protographer and honorary life member of ASMP, Peter is also expert in using the gear! Peter Kitchingman - author of Canon Rangefinder Lens book Peter Kitchingman's 'Canon M39 Rangefinder Lenses 1939-71' book is the definitive source on these very interesting optics. His interests also go to the entire Canon Rangefinder system and beyond.

Service for Canon rangefinder
Old 09-09-2016   #1
darinwc

Service for Canon rangefinder

Hello!
I picked up a nice Canon vi l with a50mm f1.8. Wish I could say I got it fit a steal, but on impulse I paid a premium.
It needs to be serviced. Is there anyone in the united States you can recommend? Or abroad if reasonable.

Old 09-09-2016   #2
farlymac
PF McFarland

Try Welcome to YYeCAMERA

PF

Old 09-09-2016   #3
rfaspen

I had Don Goldberg (DAG Camera Repair) fix one of my Canon screwmounts. Stellar. Its a shame I don't use that camera more often these days.

Don has much experience with Canon screwmount, he has lots of parts, and he is highly skilled and competent.

Old 09-09-2016   #4
jim_jm

Another vote for Youxin Ye. He overhauled my IVsb and replaced the deteriorating curtains for a very good price. Had the camera back within 2 weeks and his communication is very good.