Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Half Frames / Subminiatures

Half Frames / Subminiatures This forum is for all half frame 35mm cameras, including the very popular Olympus Pens and their SLR cousins, the Pen F and Pen FT, as well as all smaller than half frame subminiature film cameras.

Agfa Optima Parat
Old 02-29-2016   #1
analoged

Agfa Optima Parat

After some patients I ended up with this clean and fully functional little beauty...

Old 02-29-2016   #2
zuikologist

Very nice. Let's see some photos taken with it

Old 03-01-2016   #3
charjohncarter

I have an Optima II s, I think that is the number (my dad's), and it is still a great but big camera. I just finished a roll, and if I can find this thread again, I'll post some photos.

Old 03-01-2016   #4
02Pilot
Malcontent

I have my father's Agfa Paramat, which was a simpler version of the same body as the Optima Parat. I've only run a single roll through it, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the photos it produced.

-Hunter S. Thompson
-
http://filmosaur.wordpress.com/

Old 03-01-2016   #5
farlymac
PF McFarland

Nice. Just got one last week, but it's a shelf queen. It has only one loooong shutter speed.

PF

Old 03-02-2016   #6
analoged

Yes love these old Agfa compacts, but hard to find them in good working order! I tried getting a hold of a working Sensormatic but gave up.

I'll post some shots after this roll! Luckily its only a 24exp roll (48 frames), sometimes it takes me a while just to get through a 36exp. on my M6!

Old 03-02-2016   #7
Greyscale

I just sold mine. It was working fine. Lovely little camera, but half-frame just is not my thing. Shooting a roll of 36 in a half frame is like eating a whole ham by yourself.

My RFF Gallery

Old 03-02-2016   #8
farlymac
PF McFarland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
I just sold mine. It was working fine. Lovely little camera, but half-frame just is not my thing. Shooting a roll of 36 in a half frame is like eating a whole ham by yourself.
Maple glazed, with little cloves stuck all over?

I kind of like the idea of half-frame if used at something like an event, where you can blast off lots of frames in a short time. And some of the cameras were design jewels, like the aforementioned Optima Parat, the Olympus Pen series, and the Canon Demi EE17. So even if they don't work, they make lovely shelf queens.

PF

Old 03-02-2016   #9
skucera

Blasting off lots of half-frame shots is especially fun on my Dial 35. The spring-motor means that I get off three per second with a little "zzzzt" between each. I can get off about 20 shots before I have to wind it up again. It's great fun.

I really like the look of the Agfa that kicked off this thread. Does the light meter still work? That would be so cool if it did. It's just got a really classy look.

Scott
1977 Canon 110ED 20
1979 Minox 35 GL
1979 Olympus XA
1980 Pentax Auto 110
1996 Canon EOS Elan IIe

Old 03-04-2016   #10
analoged

Yes Scott! Light meter works! Otherwise with this particular camera it would just fire at one speed.