Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Leicas and other Leica Mount Cameras > Leica Q / T / X Series

Leica Q / T / X Series For the Leica Q, T, X series digital cameras

Any T user among RFF ?
Old 12-03-2015   #1
robert blu
quiet photographer

Any T user among RFF ?

I know for many it's a "controversial" camera. Someone likes it, other hates it.

I only had one in my hands a few minutes in a store and I was impressed.

Innovative interface, small size, adapter for M lenses. IQ ? I do not know much, so long the photos I have seen are good.

Curious to know if anyone has and uses this camera. Why? Because we have many comments about Q, S, SL but it seems the only Leica camera without any comment from us RFFes is the T

robert

PS: I'm not interested in any Leica bashing or suggestion this xyz is better than, thanks

my quiet photographer's blog

My RFF photos and my albums on RFF

Old 12-03-2015   #2
rbelyell

i think the lack of physical controls on either the camera or (expensive) lenses made this camera less appealing to members of this particular forum. it would be interesting to get a handle on the IQ though, esp low light.

Old 12-03-2015   #3
jsrockit

I liked it, but its supposed slow AF and its price tag turned me off pretty quickly. When the used price goes down more, I may check it out.

Old 12-03-2015   #4
robert blu
quiet photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrockit View Post
... When the used price goes down more, I may check it out.
Me too. But not easy to find a used one in my area.
robert

Old 12-03-2015   #5
CVickery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrockit View Post
I liked it, but its supposed slow AF and its price tag turned me off pretty quickly. When the used price goes down more, I may check it out.
I just recently bought a used T with the Visoflex and the 18-56 zoom. For all the bad press it's actually a nice kit to use. The latest firmware update greatly speeds up the AF, so that's really not that much of an issue anymore. The lens has very nice handling and the IQ is excellent. I had been reluctant to buy thinking that Leica would likely be abandoning the system, but the newly announced lenses and the new SL body using the T mount convinced me that Leica was going to continue to support this system for some time.

Here's the blog of an enthusiastic user: http://www.soundimageplus.com/
SEM 21/3.4, CV Color Skopar 28/3.5, CV Ultron 28/2, UC-Hexanon 35/2, Summilux 35/1.4 ASPH, Summicron Rigid 50/2, Summicron 50/2 IV, Summitar 50/2, Summilux 75/1.4, CV Color-Heliar 75/2.5, CV APO Lanthar 90/3.5, Tele-Elmar 135/4
Other stuff

Old 12-03-2015   #6
YouAreHere

I bought one second hand and use it primarily for the convenience of interchangeable zoom lenses and/or autofocus. Sometimes a little automation is a nice break from working all manual all the time.

I have and love the Leica T
Old 12-03-2015   #7
DGPNY

I have and love the Leica T

I own a T and absolutely love it. The handling and controls are great and the IQ is superb. Like its big brother (the M), you can create art with this camera.

Firmware update v 1.4 make this like a new camera. Autofocus, startup time and handling are greatly improved.

The limited physical controls are not limiting for me. Rather, the customizable touchscreen menus makes secondary controls easily accessible when (rarely) needed.

I've simultaneously gone out shooting with an M and T to compare handling and IQ - and for me, the T is fast(er) handling. It's like a modern day rangefinder with its size and handling (if you can live with an EVF which is also quite good).

I use it with T lenses and M lenses and I continue to be impressed and inspired as a photographer. The APS sized sensor is not a big limitation in terms of dynamic range and IQ.

The zoom lenses really are quite good (sharpness, micro contrast, color rendering, lack of distortion) - and this makes the camera even more versatile and fast handling (eliminating the need for lens changes).

Highly recommended. A surprisingly very good and under-rated camera. I look forward to the upcoming new lenses.

I hope this is helpful. Cheers!

Old 12-29-2015   #8
robert blu
quiet photographer

@ DGPNY: thanks for your comments and Welcome to the RFF forum.
robert
PS: maybe you can share some of your pictures...if you like it of course

Old 01-24-2016   #9
Eric T

I bought a Leica T and 18-56mm lens brand new at a greatly reduced price. I like it.
Easy to use. AF is fast enough for me. IQ and colors are great. Somehow it just makes me want to use it.

Old 02-04-2016   #10
Jim Evidon

I bought a T with a 23mm Summicron precisely because it has fewer buttons and dials.
At first I was turned off until I was shown its incredibly intuitively way of setting it up.
All the "buttons and wheels" are in an easy to navigate display and it requires you to make your shooting choices and save them (up to four combinations). It then becomes a sophisticated point and shoot, ideal for grab shooting or street shooting. I still like my M9P, FujiXPro-1 and OM-D E-5M cameras, but the T is the one you grab when you just want to carry along a camera just in case you get that shot you might otherwise have missed. I use it with a 35mm equivalent FOV bright frame viewfinder. The IQ is typical Leica and the large f2.0 lens is super sharp with nice contrast and bokeh.

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Leica M9P
Fuji X-Pro 1
Olympus OM-D (E-M5)
Leica T
Fuji XF-1
Sony Alpha 6000
Nikon 8008
Minox B

Old 02-09-2016   #11
Eric T

The Leica T is getting cheaper by the day. Well worth the current prices.