Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film > Hardware / Computers / Drives / etc

Hardware / Computers / Drives / etc This is the place to discuss the hardware to keep your digital pics more than just memories.

Old 10-30-2015   #81
paulfish4570

Mac Pro laptop is plenty enough for me.

Old 10-31-2015   #82
willie_901

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfish4570 View Post
Mac Pro laptop is plenty enough for me.
And MacBook Pros can drive a larger monitor when/if needed.

williamchuttonjr.com

Old 10-31-2015   #83
G Dogg

Dave,
I am also a fan on the MAC platform. I have my original 24'' IMac (first gen) still going strong, and also use a "late 2012 27" IMac with i7 3.4 GHz, and loaded with 32 GB ram. Recently upgraded the OS from Lion to El Capitan, and everything went flawless, and the Epson printer, scanners behaved perfectly with no issues. I do not believe MACs are over priced as some suggest. They work, they work well, and generally for a very long time without the slow down issues often seen in a PC. My son is a PC fan, makes his living doing coding and programming, and he says the MACs are very stable and enjoys writing code with the MACs. The MACS are , for the money cost effective, given that they do not need replacing very often. My 2009 I Mac runs as good as the day I purchased it. I was able to easily upgrade the RAM (easy on earlier models). I can count on two fingers the times that the computer "crashed", which was nothing more than a restart.

Old 11-01-2015   #84
Dwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlijn53 View Post
Afaik, there is no scsi 800. I suppose you mean firewire 800.
The 848 has scsi and firewire, so that's no problem with a new computer/system.
Frank
You're correct; I misspoke/typed. Our Imacon is connected via Firewire rather than SCSI.