Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film > Hardware / Computers / Drives / etc

Hardware / Computers / Drives / etc This is the place to discuss the hardware to keep your digital pics more than just memories.

Has anyone else had EyeFi cards physically fall apart?
Old 03-01-2015   #1
Dante_Stella
Rex canum cattorumque

Has anyone else had EyeFi cards physically fall apart?

I have now had two 16Gb Mobi cards where the little fins have been coming off (the ones that separate the contacts). I have never experienced this with other cards, and it's not like they have been specially abused. The loss of those little fins is not an issue except that the card uncomfortably mechanically hangs up in one of my card readers. Is this isolated?

Dante

Old 03-01-2015   #2
splitimageview

I have had it happen to other brands, but I don't use EyeFi (tried to 3-4 years ago but their software was too challenging for me to want to figure out. Maybe it's better now.)

Old 03-01-2015   #3
Fixcinater
Never enough smoky peat

I've been using the same Eyefi SD card daily for work now for over a year (shooting boring products in a studio) and it's been fine, even with daily transport from camera slot to computer for faster deletion.

Single data point...take it for what it is worth...

Old 03-01-2015   #4
f16sunshine

I just started using eye-go but have had 2 other cards do the same. It seems inevitable.
Since using Fuji where formatting is so important, I started just using a cable to to transfer and almost never remove the card.
The eye-fi card should make capacity even larger with it's auto syncs.
I may seldom remove this card ever at this point.

Old 09-30-2015   #5
2WK
Rangefinder User

I have had 2 Eye-fi cards fall apart on me. Both have been quickly replaced my Eye-fi, their customer service is good, but the plastic they use in their cards is not! They are very cheaply made and brittle.....