Symptoms of a dying M8 LCD?
Old 08-03-2013   #1
taffy

Symptoms of a dying M8 LCD?

Hi

Just want to ask the M8 users in the group what are the early signs that the LCD is about to fail. I was shooting a lot this weekend and the LCDs colors were changing / fluctuating when I was viewing images while the camera was writing the files to the card.

Is this an early sign the LCD is going to go?

Thanks in advance!

Taffy

Old 08-04-2013   #2
jonmanjiro

The colours went funny when viewing images while the camera was still writing files to the memory card?

Rather than a symptom of a dying screen, I think its probably because you were maxing out the processing capacity of the camera - similar to running a computer's CPU at 100%. I'm guessing the the colours looked fine while viewing images when the camera was not writing files to the memory card.

Old 08-04-2013   #3
taffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmanjiro View Post
The colours went funny when viewing images while the camera was still writing files to the memory card?

Rather than a symptom of a dying screen, I think its probably because you were maxing out the processing capacity of the camera - similar to running a computer's CPU at 100%. I'm guessing the the colours looked fine while viewing images when the camera was not writing files to the memory card.
Thanks for this. There's a really good chance that was the case. I'll keep on using it and seeing if it only happens under those circumstances.