Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Leica Screw Mount Copies

Leica Screw Mount Copies Classic Leica Copy forum as listed in the book 300 Leica Copies, including but not limited to Nicca, Leotax, Honor, Canon etc. At one time there was a major part of the camera industry just trying to make a lower cost copy/dirivitive of the original Leica.

LTM body cap
Old 04-13-2007   #1
Anupam

LTM body cap

Hello,

I am looking for a cheap online source of black plastic LTM body caps but surprisingly they seem difficult to come by. I usually get body caps, lens front and rear caps in various mounts and sizes from camerafilters.com for a buck a piece or so for F mount. But strangely they don't seem to stock M39 - infact even step up/down rings from the common 39mm size seem a little scarce.

Since these things shouldn't pose any more of a technological challenge to produce than any other mount, I am wondering why this is the case. I want to make a few pinholes for my LTM cameras and so would appreciate a cheap source.

Thanks,
Anupam

Old 04-13-2007   #2
Chad

Do you need them in plastic? If you can use aluminum ones search for ebay item# 190086437147. $3 each.

~Chad

Old 04-13-2007   #3
payasam
a.k.a. Mukul Dube

Anupam, the only LTM caps (body and rear lens) I came across when I was hunting for them a year ago were aluminium ones. Someone in India makes them but apparently sells them only in the West. For pin-hole work, another material -- held in place -- might make economic sense.
RFF gallery
Flickr gallery

Old 06-03-2007   #4
Nando

Fedka sell aluminum ones in black or silver. I'm not sure how much they go for but it can't be that much. When I sent in my Zorki to Fedka for repair, my body cap was misplaced so Yury gave me one of his. It is quite nice. He may have some plastic ones too.

Fernando Gomes Semedo - flickr

Old 06-03-2007   #5
rpsawin
RF Enthusiast

On Cameraquest.com

Screw Mt Metal Body Caps, nice quality caps in classic "Leica Style" $15 ea or 3 for $40

Bob

Bob
CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Old 06-03-2007   #6
rbiemer
Unabashed Amateur

I bought two or three from "heavystar" on ebay. Aluminum. pretty good quality.
And, in fact, I have turned one into a pinhole lens. Slightly harder to drill than a plastic cap but otherwise much easier to work with.
Rob

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
--Mark Twain