Issues for Leica to Address
After reading so many posts on several different forums about M8 issues I thought I would consolidate them into one thread that Leica engineers could look at rather than chasing through all of the posts. I also included a few desireds as a separate issue. Perhaps others can add to the lists any issues I missed or new features they would like.
Additionally, I wonder if anyone has done the following test for hot pixels:
I shot with the lens cap on at B for 10 sec, then 8, 4, 2 and 1. In reviewing the images, they would first appear with lots of hot pixels all over the sensor, then about 2 seconds later all black. Same thing with every shot. It is as if it shows you the unprocessed image and then the processed image. However when I loaded them in C1 and viewed both DNGs and JPGs they were all black. Anyone else tried this?
Finally, the good news is that looking at the list 80% or more is likely to be fixable in software.
Issues to be addressed by Leica on M8 (Things to be fixed)
1. Camera lock up, i.e. dead camera unable to reset or obtain normal function
2. Battery charging and charge level indicator error (calibration?)
3. Continuous shutter recocking
4. Lock up on sensor clean if shutter not pressed quickly enough
5. Vertical streak on some images at some ISOs
6. Some lenses having mounting problems (Summilux 35 & WATE)
7. Auto White Balance and preset WB
8. Variety of SD card incompatibilities especially HC (4GB and greater)
9. Transferring files to PC and files recognized as TIFF instead of DNG
10. Back focusing on some lenses and not others
11. Cyan color shift on wide angle lens with use of IR filter
12. Improved detent on Off-Single-Continuos-Self timer switch
13. Inconsistent LCD display level (brightens and dims)
14. Shifting changing LCD image, shows one image for a few seconds then shifts to a processed version of image
15. Quality Control issues with dirty sensors, deffective sensors with column of dead pixels, RF Alignment, etc.
Desired New Features (Enhancements)
1. Ability to select lens in use from menu for uncoded lenses or lenses like WATE
2. Ability to select apeture for Exif recording or have camera specify estimated apeture based on sensors
3. Have camera recognized as a file device rather than M8 device to make transfers with multiple applications easier
I posted this on the Leica Users Forum for Leica to see. Anyone think of anything I missed? I would like to know what others see with the hot pixel test described above.__