Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Rangefinder Forum > RFF News

RFF News News related to photography and rangefinderforum.

Old 12-15-2006   #151
dazedgonebye

Having lived too good of a life, this sort of thing did not occur to me.
Thanks for the reminder of how well off many of us have it in our everyday lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pherdinand
Having several friends in Romania, interested in photography, i have a strange feeling w respect to this "need" for a Bessa-type rf.
Most of these people I know CANNOT afford to SHOOT FILM. On one hand buying film is a continuous expense, unless they only shoot 1-2 rolls a month (and that is NOT the point of this gift, i understand) - on the other hand, film processing is getting more and more difficult over there, more expensive, and less quality, so doing it themselves is the only way out. But this brings extra complications, since if you walk in a photography store there and ask for black and white film or developer, they will most probably look at you as you just dropped from the Moon. Kodak Gold 200 type films are still to be found, though.
Ordering via the Net is also very difficult - most people (certainly the ones that cannot afford such a camera) don't have a credit card. Paypal type countries do not work in such countries. Etc etc etc.
These people I know mostly work in something that gives them reach to a computer, and they prefer to have a digital camera (no,not the M8), that means practically no expenses when used. Only a few shots are printed, the rest are just "digitally enjoyed".
The moral of my story is, the people that are less fortunate financially, might find it problematic to regularly put a good film camera to use...

End note: For the above reasons, and depending on the outcome of this whole idea, I intend to add film material of value, say, 50$, to the Bessa, on my own expenses. No big deal, but it should be nice to have something ready to use in that camera.

"And I know now that the cure for my childhood was not to be looked after, as I once believed; it was to look after someone else." ~Philip Norman

Photography Blog
Flickr
Twitter

Old 12-15-2006   #152
MP Guy
Just another face in the crowd

Make sure all your nominations are posted in the names thread here:

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=32977

Soon I will close the thread so we can decide what to do next

Developer of the RFF gallery Software and some other cool stuff.

Old 12-15-2006   #153
Xmas

Ash did not come out on Kim's 28th Oct Brum canal photo outing because he was doing non photo chores, - decorating his sisters bedroom. He regretted this bitterly afterwards.

Self sacrifice above and beyond the call of duty.

Santa only fills your stocking if you have been a good boy?

Noel

Old 12-15-2006   #154
back alley
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ moderator

It's that time of the year when we are all in the good spirit of giving. That being the case, RFF along wit CameraQuest wish to give a new Bessa R3A to a deserving RFF member.

There are many photographers here on RFF that are genuinely excited about rangefinder photography and would just love to be shooting with a new camera. However, as we all know, cameras can be expensive and our priorities push the camera to the bottom of the list of things we want to buy. That is why the RFF members will decide who is deserving of a new rangefinder camera for Christmas this year. It is up to us to read the threads and identify who is that person who really wants to get involved with RF photography but has not yet had a chance. We are looking for those with failing cameras or no cameras at all. We are looking to make someone happy this Christmas. Although we would love to give a camera to everyone, the reality is that we can only give one camera away.
This is not a contest but simply a way of giving thanks to the members who make our community work. Lets start by getting a list of names going on this thread. We will then take the most commonly thought of names and place them in a poll. The members will then get a chance to cast their vote for the lucky winner.

Merry Christmas to all from RFF and Cameraquest.

hi-lites are mine...

x-e1/23/56/16-50

http://crated.com/backalleyimages

Old 12-15-2006   #155
nikola

pretty hi-lites

Old 12-15-2006   #156
PetarDima

Well, I saw this thread 10 minutes ago ... I don't know what to say ... here in Serbia many photographers think that shooting film is waisting money ... and they are buying digital cameras... this summer, first time in my life I have tried to do some b&w prints - than I understood words: dark room alchemy( Frank.S)

Merry Christmass to all.

Old 12-15-2006   #157
Nick R.
Milk and Strawberries

Can't see any logic in giving an RF camera to some unknown in Baghdad. Even if we could find this person, giving him a professional looking camera will probably get him killed.

We're not going to save the world here. Let's give it to an RF member and be happy about it.

Old 12-15-2006   #158
gb hill

I agree 100% with Joes highlights on Jorges post, A deserving RFF member & a person with NO or a FAILING camera. If anyone wants to give a camera to a photographer in Iraq or where ever in the world then do it yourself or wait til after Christmas & talk to Jorge about it, but we all ought to respect the boss mans rules and make things less complicated. BTW this sounds like a worthy project for anyone fortunate enough to be in a area club.
CanonetChronicles

Old 12-15-2006   #159
dostacos
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb hill
Charlie thats a wonderful gesture but aren't all industar lenses screw mount? It will need an adapter. That is if the lens will fit at all. Bessas are very peculiar that way. But i'm not 100% sure either.
I presume this is aimed at me, {Dan} and I have no problems with adding a M mount on the lens when I send it.....

Old 12-15-2006   #160
gb hill

I'm sure the person signed his name Charlie, but the main reason I said it was that not all non voightlander lenses will fit on bessas and you wouldn't won't to give a lens that wasn't compatable, thats all.Went back & checked and your right .You were quoting Charlie. my mistake...sorry
CanonetChronicles

Last edited by gb hill : 12-15-2006 at 18:52.

Old 12-15-2006   #161
ghost

hmm...who here doesn't have a camera, or one that's all busted up?

Old 12-15-2006   #162
Magnus

Hmmmm There is a huge scratch on the bottom plate of my black paint MP and my M4 is old and worn by now......

Old 12-16-2006   #163
Ash
Selflessly Self-involved

Noel, I'm surprised you remembered! I also refrained from shooting a roll the other day cos I was moving a huge desk single-handed from my room into my mum's new study! *flex's non-existent muscles*

Old 12-16-2006   #164
MP Guy
Just another face in the crowd

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...d.php?p=442445

Developer of the RFF gallery Software and some other cool stuff.

Old 12-17-2006   #165
caffeineshutter
CJ

I would nominate myself, as it was apparent last night at a Christmas party that the RF on my existing camera (35RC) is so dim that it's difficult to focus.

Merry Christmas & happy holidays all.

-CJ