Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Digital Rangefinder Cameras > Digital Leica M8 / M8.2 / M9 / M-E /Mono / M10 aka "M"

Digital Leica M8 / M8.2 / M9 / M-E /Mono / M10 aka "M" Discussions about the Leica M8 /M 8.2 / M9 / M9-P/ M-E / M Monochrom / M10 aka "M": Leica digital M mount rangefinder cameras. Naming the new digital M the "Leica M" is VERY unfortunate as it will only confuse newbies with other Leica M cameras of the the past. Happily there is room for confusion with only the past 59 years of Leica M production ... since Leica introduced the Leica M system in 1953. All Hail for the Leica Marketing Department learning Leica M history!

Monochroms'starting to surface
Old 01-10-2013   #1
macfiend

Monochroms'starting to surface

In case anyone is still out there waiting on a Monochrom, Le Camera in Princeton, NJ just got one in today while I was there picking up a lens I had ordered. They told me they didn't have it promised to anyone.
They're good guys to deal with. I've done business with them for 15 years.
If interested, their number is 609-771-8787

Cheers,

John

Old 01-11-2013   #2
jsrockit

My buddy Cal (RFF = calzone) should be getting his any day now after having to wait through a list of like 15 peopls. Must be exciting for the lucky new owners.

Old 01-11-2013   #3
macfiend

I know Cal has been patiently awaiting his for a while now.
Hopefully he will have it before the meetup on the 20th

Old 01-12-2013   #4
airfrogusmc

If this is for real its a good price.
http://www.clutterclays.com/Leica-M-...medium=organic

Old 01-12-2013   #5
ramosa

That ad looks rather fishy to me.

Old 01-12-2013   #6
segedi
RFicianado

Have had one on order since Oct. 27th and still waiting... Hope to hear something from my dealer soon.

Segedi.com

Flickr

Twitter

Old 01-14-2013   #7
Calzone
Gear Whore #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfiend View Post
I know Cal has been patiently awaiting his for a while now.
Hopefully he will have it before the meetup on the 20th
I'm hoping this might happen. I'm number two on the list and my dealer usually gets two MM's at a time. THe wait has been good for me, although perhaps it made me a bit crazier than normal, but raising the funds to pay for this luxury item requires time.

For me the waiting has been like foreplay. LOL.

Cal

Old 01-15-2013   #8
Calzone
Gear Whore #1

UPDATE: I just got bumped to number one. Leica just shipped one to my dealer, and this is unusual since my dealer in the past generally gets 2-3 MM's in each shipment. This first time of only getting one shipped this first time is likely due to the holiday factory shutdown I was told.

Time to buy that new Mac Book Pro and take advantage of that Epson printer rebate that expires at the end of January. ($250.00 on a 3880 17 inch wide)

Cal

Old 01-15-2013   #9
jky

Quote:
Originally Posted by segedi View Post
Have had one on order since Oct. 27th and still waiting... Hope to hear something from my dealer soon.
Maybe time for a Calgary meet-up then?

Old 01-15-2013   #10
airfrogusmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone View Post
UPDATE: I just got bumped to number one. Leica just shipped one to my dealer, and this is unusual since my dealer in the past generally gets 2-3 MM's in each shipment. This first time of only getting one shipped this first time is likely due to the holiday factory shutdown I was told.

Time to buy that new Mac Book Pro and take advantage of that Epson printer rebate that expires at the end of January. ($250.00 on a 3880 17 inch wide)

Cal
Congrats!!!!

Old 01-15-2013   #11
Lachie C

Sitting on two of them here at Vanbar in Melbourne. I would have thought they'd be long gone.

Old 01-15-2013   #12
furcafe

How much do they go for in Oz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachie C View Post
Sitting on two of them here at Vanbar in Melbourne. I would have thought they'd be long gone.
Five a Second. Chicago's Bell & Howell Co. (cameras) announced that it would put on sale this fall the world's most expensive still camera. Its "Foton" will take five 35-mm. pictures a second, sell for $700. Bell & Howell, which has found that "families of both low and high incomes now spend over $550" for movie equipment, hopes to sell 20,000 Fotons a year.

--Facts And Figures, Time magazine, Monday, October 4, 1948
My Photoblog

My Flickr stream

My RFF Gallery

Old 01-15-2013   #13
Lachie C

Well, we have them @ AUD$9900.

Old 01-16-2013   #14
Calzone
Gear Whore #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by airfrogusmc View Post
Congrats!!!!
I'm very excited. I'm glad the wait will soon be over.

Cal

Mono fun
Old 01-16-2013   #15
sds102

Mono fun

All these AF cameras spoilt the joy I had in image creation, but they did help me re-discover the need to create images. The Leica Monochrom brings me back to the days in university of really shooting. I tend to use an Orange filter to improve my DNG to be less 'flat'. Then slightly adjusting the curve.
Rangefinder shooting is fairly new to me, but I found it's so much less of a barrier to capture people as they are. They are not really perceived as a 'proper' camera, even though they are, Henri Cartier Bresson knew that, didn't he? It's easier shooting.

Old 01-16-2013   #16
airfrogusmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone View Post
I'm very excited. I'm glad the wait will soon be over.

Cal
When will you have it?

Old 01-16-2013   #17
airfrogusmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sds102 View Post
All these AF cameras spoilt the joy I had in image creation, but they did help me re-discover the need to create images. The Leica Monochrom brings me back to the days in university of really shooting. I tend to use an Orange filter to improve my DNG to be less 'flat'. Then slightly adjusting the curve.
Rangefinder shooting is fairly new to me, but I found it's so much less of a barrier to capture people as they are. They are not really perceived as a 'proper' camera, even though they are, Henri Cartier Bresson knew that, didn't he? It's easier shooting.
I have been filterless until just recently. I use CS4 to get the contrast and look I desire. I to love the shooting experience with the MM.

Old 01-16-2013   #18
kzphoto

Has anyone used a Monochrom with wider lenses like the ZM C-Biogon 21mm f/4.5 or a CV 21 f/4? I'm curious to see how a lens which sits closer to a sensor performs on the MM.