Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Digital Rangefinder Cameras > Digital Leica M8 / M8.2 / M9 / M-E /Mono / M10 aka "M"

Digital Leica M8 / M8.2 / M9 / M-E /Mono / M10 aka "M" Discussions about the Leica M8 /M 8.2 / M9 / M9-P/ M-E / M Monochrom / M10 aka "M": Leica digital M mount rangefinder cameras. Naming the new digital M the "Leica M" is VERY unfortunate as it will only confuse newbies with other Leica M cameras of the the past. Happily there is room for confusion with only the past 59 years of Leica M production ... since Leica introduced the Leica M system in 1953. All Hail for the Leica Marketing Department learning Leica M history!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Monochroms'starting to surface
Old 01-10-2013   #1
macfiend
Registered User
 
macfiend is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 166
Monochroms'starting to surface

In case anyone is still out there waiting on a Monochrom, Le Camera in Princeton, NJ just got one in today while I was there picking up a lens I had ordered. They told me they didn't have it promised to anyone.
They're good guys to deal with. I've done business with them for 15 years.
If interested, their number is 609-771-8787

Cheers,

John
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2013   #2
jsrockit
Moderator
 
jsrockit's Avatar
 
jsrockit is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NYC
Age: 41
Posts: 14,562
My buddy Cal (RFF = calzone) should be getting his any day now after having to wait through a list of like 15 peopls. Must be exciting for the lucky new owners.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-11-2013   #3
macfiend
Registered User
 
macfiend is offline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 166
I know Cal has been patiently awaiting his for a while now.
Hopefully he will have it before the meetup on the 20th
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2013   #4
airfrogusmc
Registered User
 
airfrogusmc is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,299
If this is for real its a good price.
http://www.clutterclays.com/Leica-M-...medium=organic
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2013   #5
ramosa
Registered User
 
ramosa is offline
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 933
That ad looks rather fishy to me.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2013   #6
segedi
RFicianado
 
segedi's Avatar
 
segedi is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,027
Have had one on order since Oct. 27th and still waiting... Hope to hear something from my dealer soon.
__________________
-----------------------

Segedi.com

Flickr

Twitter
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2013   #7
Calzone
Gear Whore #1
 
Calzone's Avatar
 
Calzone is offline
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hell Gate, Madhattan
Age: 56
Posts: 4,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfiend View Post
I know Cal has been patiently awaiting his for a while now.
Hopefully he will have it before the meetup on the 20th
I'm hoping this might happen. I'm number two on the list and my dealer usually gets two MM's at a time. THe wait has been good for me, although perhaps it made me a bit crazier than normal, but raising the funds to pay for this luxury item requires time.

For me the waiting has been like foreplay. LOL.

Cal
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013   #8
Calzone
Gear Whore #1
 
Calzone's Avatar
 
Calzone is offline
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hell Gate, Madhattan
Age: 56
Posts: 4,244
UPDATE: I just got bumped to number one. Leica just shipped one to my dealer, and this is unusual since my dealer in the past generally gets 2-3 MM's in each shipment. This first time of only getting one shipped this first time is likely due to the holiday factory shutdown I was told.

Time to buy that new Mac Book Pro and take advantage of that Epson printer rebate that expires at the end of January. ($250.00 on a 3880 17 inch wide)

Cal
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013   #9
jky
Registered User
 
jky is offline
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Flamescity Canada
Posts: 1,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by segedi View Post
Have had one on order since Oct. 27th and still waiting... Hope to hear something from my dealer soon.
Maybe time for a Calgary meet-up then?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013   #10
airfrogusmc
Registered User
 
airfrogusmc is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone View Post
UPDATE: I just got bumped to number one. Leica just shipped one to my dealer, and this is unusual since my dealer in the past generally gets 2-3 MM's in each shipment. This first time of only getting one shipped this first time is likely due to the holiday factory shutdown I was told.

Time to buy that new Mac Book Pro and take advantage of that Epson printer rebate that expires at the end of January. ($250.00 on a 3880 17 inch wide)

Cal
Congrats!!!!
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013   #11
Lachie C
Registered User
 
Lachie C is offline
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 30
Sitting on two of them here at Vanbar in Melbourne. I would have thought they'd be long gone.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013   #12
furcafe
Registered User
 
furcafe's Avatar
 
furcafe is offline
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Age: 48
Posts: 4,135
How much do they go for in Oz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachie C View Post
Sitting on two of them here at Vanbar in Melbourne. I would have thought they'd be long gone.
__________________
Five a Second. Chicago's Bell & Howell Co. (cameras) announced that it would put on sale this fall the world's most expensive still camera. Its "Foton" will take five 35-mm. pictures a second, sell for $700. Bell & Howell, which has found that "families of both low and high incomes now spend over $550" for movie equipment, hopes to sell 20,000 Fotons a year.

--Facts And Figures, Time magazine, Monday, October 4, 1948
My Photoblog

My Flickr stream

My RFF Gallery
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-15-2013   #13
Lachie C
Registered User
 
Lachie C is offline
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 30
Well, we have them @ AUD$9900.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013   #14
Calzone
Gear Whore #1
 
Calzone's Avatar
 
Calzone is offline
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hell Gate, Madhattan
Age: 56
Posts: 4,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfrogusmc View Post
Congrats!!!!
I'm very excited. I'm glad the wait will soon be over.

Cal
  Reply With Quote

Mono fun
Old 01-16-2013   #15
sds102
Registered User
 
sds102 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Mono fun

All these AF cameras spoilt the joy I had in image creation, but they did help me re-discover the need to create images. The Leica Monochrom brings me back to the days in university of really shooting. I tend to use an Orange filter to improve my DNG to be less 'flat'. Then slightly adjusting the curve.
Rangefinder shooting is fairly new to me, but I found it's so much less of a barrier to capture people as they are. They are not really perceived as a 'proper' camera, even though they are, Henri Cartier Bresson knew that, didn't he? It's easier shooting.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013   #16
airfrogusmc
Registered User
 
airfrogusmc is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone View Post
I'm very excited. I'm glad the wait will soon be over.

Cal
When will you have it?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013   #17
airfrogusmc
Registered User
 
airfrogusmc is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by sds102 View Post
All these AF cameras spoilt the joy I had in image creation, but they did help me re-discover the need to create images. The Leica Monochrom brings me back to the days in university of really shooting. I tend to use an Orange filter to improve my DNG to be less 'flat'. Then slightly adjusting the curve.
Rangefinder shooting is fairly new to me, but I found it's so much less of a barrier to capture people as they are. They are not really perceived as a 'proper' camera, even though they are, Henri Cartier Bresson knew that, didn't he? It's easier shooting.
I have been filterless until just recently. I use CS4 to get the contrast and look I desire. I to love the shooting experience with the MM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013   #18
kzphoto
Registered User
 
kzphoto's Avatar
 
kzphoto is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,178
Has anyone used a Monochrom with wider lenses like the ZM C-Biogon 21mm f/4.5 or a CV 21 f/4? I'm curious to see how a lens which sits closer to a sensor performs on the MM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:54.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.