Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Digital Rangefinder Cameras > Digital Leica M8 / M8.2 / M9 / M-E /Mono / M10 aka "M"

Digital Leica M8 / M8.2 / M9 / M-E /Mono / M10 aka "M" Discussions about the Leica M8 /M 8.2 / M9 / M9-P/ M-E / M Monochrom / M10 aka "M": Leica digital M mount rangefinder cameras. Naming the new digital M the "Leica M" is VERY unfortunate as it will only confuse newbies with other Leica M cameras of the the past. Happily there is room for confusion with only the past 59 years of Leica M production ... since Leica introduced the Leica M system in 1953. All Hail for the Leica Marketing Department learning Leica M history!

Old 12-18-2012   #26
Lachie C

I'm on the latest version and often use soft/discrete on my M9; no problems.

Old 02-27-2013   #27
ramosa

All,

Finally making the change to an M9. I have read this thread about the 1.196 firmware. Is this version recommended by your folks? Some have noted a problem with discreet mode. And, if this version is not recommended, is there a way to still access a better earlier version?

Thanks!

Old 05-05-2013   #28
jamato8
Corroding tank M9 35 ASPH

Too bad no one answered your question. I just downloaded it today. Seems to work fine but I don't know abut the battery issue at this time. You may never read this though.

M2 (got as NOS in 1974), M9, Biogon 25mm 2.8, 35 ASPH and 50 Summicron, 50 DR, 90 Elmarit (1st model), 90 Elmarit-M, 90 Summicron Pre ASPH, Elmar 135, Thumbs-Up (great finally my camera feels solid in my hand). Leica user since 1969 (IIIC 50 Summitar, still have)

Old 05-05-2013   #29
jamato8
Corroding tank M9 35 ASPH

Good point. I had no issues with the prior and downloaded and updated before I remembered that I posted on hear last year that what they did didn't make sense. A shame they have made no attempt at another firmware. Maybe we are left with this one or the prior, if you can go back. So far the latest seems to work ok for me.

I can't believe how much the M9 has dropped in price. Well mine still works but it is getting near the point that if it crashes, it will be an expensive door stop and I would sell my fine lenses.

M2 (got as NOS in 1974), M9, Biogon 25mm 2.8, 35 ASPH and 50 Summicron, 50 DR, 90 Elmarit (1st model), 90 Elmarit-M, 90 Summicron Pre ASPH, Elmar 135, Thumbs-Up (great finally my camera feels solid in my hand). Leica user since 1969 (IIIC 50 Summitar, still have)