Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Digital Rangefinder Cameras > Digital Leica M8 / M8.2 / M9 / M-E /Mono / M10 aka "M"

Digital Leica M8 / M8.2 / M9 / M-E /Mono / M10 aka "M" Discussions about the Leica M8 /M 8.2 / M9 / M9-P/ M-E / M Monochrom / M10 aka "M": Leica digital M mount rangefinder cameras. Naming the new digital M the "Leica M" is VERY unfortunate as it will only confuse newbies with other Leica M cameras of the the past. Happily there is room for confusion with only the past 59 years of Leica M production ... since Leica introduced the Leica M system in 1953. All Hail for the Leica Marketing Department learning Leica M history!

Leica Shop in LA? Leica Shop in LA!
Old 11-20-2012   #1
seanbonner

Leica Shop in LA? Leica Shop in LA!

A friend just saw the mostly complete build out, should be opening soon - did I miss this announcement??

Old 11-20-2012   #2
Kingsfan

where in LA?

Old 11-22-2012   #3
taosantamonica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsfan View Post
where in LA?
samy's on fairfax has built out a boutique area for leica. that may be what the poster is referring to.

Old 11-24-2012   #4
cam
the need for speed

yep, Samy's on Fairfax, you'll see it just as you come up the stairs on the third floor.

the cabinets were done by Leica (so it looks just like their other stores/boutiques world-wide) and they'll gradually be getting in more gear to fill them. there's a couch, but not the proper couch yet.

it already looks quite nice and will be lovely when completed.

Old 12-18-2012   #5
Therobbstory

We've got a shop here in DC (the only standalone in the US, I believe). While I've never actually purchased anything from them, I do enjoy popping in for a chat on my way home from work. They store is split 50/50 between retail and a gallery/educational space so there's always something new to see. They offer some great workshops. I think it's a very well executed idea.