Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Cosina Voigtlander Bessa

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

ltm to m adapter
Old 02-12-2012   #1
rog
Registered User
 
rog is offline
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 55
ltm to m adapter

Anyone knows where to buy it somewhere in Europe (except ebay)?
It's for an voigtlander 35mm F2.5 LTM lens to a Leica m body.


thanks,
rog
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2012   #2
newspaperguy
Registered User
 
newspaperguy's Avatar
 
newspaperguy is offline
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern Maryland US of A
Age: 82
Posts: 1,328
I can't help you with locating one, Rog - but, I can tell you that you

will be happy with that combination. My CV35/2.5 with adapter lives on

my Leica CL... and I mean, lives happily.
__________________
Rick Beckrich

Preview my new children's book,

"The Little Crow Who Could Not CAW"

See the hardbound edition at Amazon.com,
it's perfect for your favorite 4-to-8 year old.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2012   #3
dct
Registered User
 
dct's Avatar
 
dct is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by rog View Post
Anyone knows where to buy it somewhere in Europe (except ebay)?
It's for an voigtlander 35mm F2.5 LTM lens to a Leica m body.


thanks,
rog
No relation to the seller, but I got several articles from them by mail and I'm a satisfied customer. It depends, where you live in Europe, of course.
Examples:
- no name adapter
- CV adapter
__________________
photos
RFF gallery
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2012   #4
JMQ
Registered User
 
JMQ is offline
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 572
Our own headbartender sells them. Here is the link. I don't know how much he charges to ship to the EU, but this is a small and pretty light item, and so I'd expect the rates to be reasonable. Best,

http://cameraquest.com/adaptltm.htm
  Reply With Quote

thanks
Old 02-12-2012   #5
rog
Registered User
 
rog is offline
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 55
thanks

Thanks to all.
the one in germany will do!

thanks,
rog
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2012   #6
andephotographic
Registered User
 
andephotographic is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 98
For use on a camera where framelines are selected manually (Epson R-D1) am I right in thinking that getting the right ltm to m adapter is less important?

Are the cheap eBay ones ok or are they likely to do my camera/lenses any damage? The only lens adapter I've experience of was a cheap (there was nothing else available) Konica AR to Sony Nex and it was pretty sloppy and the lens could actually just be turned off the adaptor with a bit of force.

I'm in the UK by the way.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2012   #7
andephotographic
Registered User
 
andephotographic is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 98
Well, I got a couple of cheapo ltm - m adapters from eBay. the quality seems alright, some sharp corners and edges that I dare say wouldn't be there on a more expensive adapter but nothing to worry about.

I got my Bessa L body in yesterday and as it is screw mount I'm wondering, can anyone see any reason against using an adapter as a body adapter rather than lens adapter, that would be to leave the adapter attached to the camera so that I would have 2 ltm bodies.
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2012   #8
dct
Registered User
 
dct's Avatar
 
dct is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Zurich
Posts: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by andephotographic View Post
...
I got my Bessa L body in yesterday and as it is screw mount I'm wondering, can anyone see any reason against using an adapter as a body adapter rather than lens adapter, that would be to leave the adapter attached to the camera so that I would have 2 ltm bodies.
I don't get your point, because LTM/M adapter are always for LTM lenses to M bodies. Not the inverse way!
__________________
photos
RFF gallery
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012   #9
Guaranteed
Registered User
 
Guaranteed's Avatar
 
Guaranteed is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by dct View Post
I don't get your point, because LTM/M adapter are always for LTM lenses to M bodies. Not the inverse way!
I'm thinking maybe andephotographic only uses ltm lenses and is thinking of just leaving the adapter on the body instead of buying more/swapping it out to other lenses.

I'm guessing by looking at threads started by andephotographic regarding the R-D1 I may be spot on(it doesn't happen very often).
__________________
Christian
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012   #10
pagpow
Registered User
 
pagpow is offline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 815
[/left]

Quote:
Originally Posted by andephotographic View Post
For use on a camera where framelines are selected manually (Epson R-D1) am I right in thinking that getting the right ltm to m adapter is less important?

Are the cheap eBay ones ok or are they likely to do my camera/lenses any damage? The only lens adapter I've experience of was a cheap (there was nothing else available) Konica AR to Sony Nex and it was pretty sloppy and the lens could actually just be turned off the adaptor with a bit of force.
.
Hi andephotographic --

There seem to be a number of questions packed into this post. I have both the RD-1 and several M bodies, and multiple ltm to M adapters, some cheap, some less so.

1) You are correct that since the RD1 has manual selection of framelines you need not worry about getting the "right" adapter, ie one that will bring on the correct framelines. You can use the ltm to M adapter for a 90mm for your 35mm and have all the functionality you need.

2) Some of the cheap adapters I have lock in correctly on some M bodies of mine, but not others. I don't recall having that difficulty on my RD1, but I also did not run every adapter through the RD1. The point here is simply that the thicknesses and tolerances on the cheapos vary. Some members have reported functionality issues with some cheapos.

3) I have not experienced any damage to any lens or body from any cheapos, nor do I remember seeing any reports to that effect.

Giorgio
  Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2012   #11
andephotographic
Registered User
 
andephotographic is offline
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by dct View Post
I don't get your point, because LTM/M adapter are always for LTM lenses to M bodies. Not the inverse way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaranteed View Post
I'm thinking maybe andephotographic only uses ltm lenses and is thinking of just leaving the adapter on the body instead of buying more/swapping it out to other lenses.

I'm guessing by looking at threads started by andephotographic regarding the R-D1 I may be spot on(it doesn't happen very often).
Yeah sorry I probably wasn't very clear.

I have an Industar61 and a CV 25mm Snapshot so both my lenses are screw mount but I have one screw mount and one m mount body.
  Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2012   #12
rog
Registered User
 
rog is offline
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 55
Is anybody using the adapterrings from ipixel. which can be bought on ebay.com in the uk? Are they any good?! The price is very nice, about 1/5th of the voigtlander adapter.

thanks
rog

here is the link:
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Leica-M39-LTM...item2324310afe
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 00:39.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.