Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Non Rangefinder Cameras > Digital Fixed Lens Advanced Compacts > Leica Fixed Lens Compacts

Leica Fixed Lens Compacts For the many and varied fixed lens Leica digital compact cameras

Leica X2 lens distortion vs. X1?
Old 06-25-2012   #1
jsrockit

Leica X2 lens distortion vs. X1?

Ok, after using the X2 for a few weeks, I have to say that the X2's lens appears to have a lot more distortion than I remember the X1 having (in RAW). This should not be the case since it is supposed to be the same lens... so does this mean that the profile in Lightroom is not up to par vs. the X1 profile?

Old 06-25-2012   #2
jsrockit

LR 4.1 Dave. Perhaps I don't remember the X1 as much as I thought, but I'm having to do a lot of distortion correction that I don't remember doing with the X1 (which makes me crop my photos). I should've looked at the jpegs from the X2 perhaps before making the thread to see if everything is corrected there. Really fun camera to use but I must not be catching something here regarding the distortion.

Old 06-09-2013   #3
Photofreund66

Hi

do we have any news for a lens profile of the X2?
Even in PhaseOne C1 no support for the cam.

Daniel

Old 06-10-2013   #4
Godfrey
wonderment

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrockit View Post
LR 4.1 Dave. Perhaps I don't remember the X1 as much as I thought, but I'm having to do a lot of distortion correction that I don't remember doing with the X1 (which makes me crop my photos). I should've looked at the jpegs from the X2 perhaps before making the thread to see if everything is corrected there. Really fun camera to use but I must not be catching something here regarding the distortion.
I never had an X1, but I'm not seeing much distortion in the X2 exposures, certainly not more than I expect from a compact, collapsing lens design.

Unprocessed:

Adjustments:

Processed:

I suspect I could create an import template with +5 on the distortion slider for all X2 photos and leave it there, but I've not really found the need. I only corrected this one because it is all parallel, vertical lines.

G