Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Leica Screw Mount / LTM Cameras

Old 05-12-2012   #26
MISH

a little bit off topic but in doing a little research I was sad to see that Donna Michelle had passed away in 2004 at age 58. that cover shown in charjohncarter excellent photo has to be one of the most iconic Playboy covers ever and he certainly made good use of it in his shot.

Old 05-12-2012   #27
Bingley

Sanders McNew posted a couple of threads a couple of years ago with some fantastic shots from a summar. I'm away from my PC at the moment, maybe someone could post links to them. I recall he had a summar that had been cleaned by Sherry Krauter.

M2, M4-2, IIIc, IVSB2, & T, and assorted LTM & M lenses
XD-11, X700, and assorted MD Rokkor lenses, Rolleicord III, Rolleiflex Automat MX-EVS

My Flickr
My Gallery

Old 05-12-2012   #28
charjohncarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISH View Post
a little bit off topic but in doing a little research I was sad to see that Donna Michelle had passed away in 2004 at age 58. that cover shown in charjohncarter excellent photo has to be one of the most iconic Playboy covers ever and he certainly made good use of it in his shot.
Sorry to hear about Donna I always enjoyed filling her tank and washing her windshield (at the gas station). Iconic is right, but then I saw her so....... Thanks MISH.

Old 05-14-2012   #29
DominikDUK

I recently bought one advertised as beeing cloudy and having cleaning marks. Neither was the case. I just developed my first roll and I have to say it compares well to my Contax Sonnar 2/50 pre war. So all in all a very underrated lens.

Dominik

Old 05-16-2012   #30
Mudman

Two shots with the Summar and Yellow filter.

Old 05-16-2012   #31
helenhill_HH
MOD Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler_101 View Post
I like the way the photographs of HelenHill (the parking arcade) and also Dirojas (both photographs) show texture: granularity in the photograph helps us to feel the surface of the object. I suppose Dirojas's photographs are cropped (or at least the second one is); there is no way to get that close to an object with a RF camera. Does the Summar's "signature" help achieve these kind of shots, or is it largely a matter of film-developer choice?

Edit: looking back over the thread, I wish to add ChipMcD's shot of the girders to the above comment, and also to say that I really like all the shots posted. They seem to manage a proper blend of photographic qualities with subject matter.
Oh Hello 'Traveler'
Just found this Thread again and saw your Quote
Aside from the Summars dreaminess, it's low contrastalso helps
In creating that retro classic old World 'Feel'
As for Film/ developer ... It was triX and Rodinal
Thanks much for your Lovely Comment ... Best- H

Old 05-16-2012   #32
maddoc
... likes film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingley View Post
Sanders McNew posted a couple of threads a couple of years ago with some fantastic shots from a summar. I'm away from my PC at the moment, maybe someone could post links to them. I recall he had a summar that had been cleaned by Sherry Krauter.
This thread, perhaps ?

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=42357

Now seeing all these wonderful Summar photos ... I want one !! What to sell this time ?

flickr
pBase
blog