Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Miscellaneous Topics and more > Micl Photo Acc / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc

Micl Photo Acc / Bags/ Meters / Tripods etc A place to discuss the delights of photo accessories, including bags, meters, tripods, filters, straps, camera cases, lens hoods, anything non digital that can make your gearhead life a little bit more enjoyable.

Old 05-06-2012   #26
xxloverxx
Shoot.

Could use it as a walking stick/defensive weapon?

Old 05-06-2012   #27
FrozenInTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matus View Post
I do wish somebody would come up with a carbon tripod that would be REALLY light (e.i. design to carry less than 8kg of stuff) for cameras like Leica, Mamiya 6, TLR or such. I would not mind if the tripod would be shorter, but would really appreciate the weight under 1kg.
There is the Gitzo traveller - use the hook on the bottom to hang you bag - and provide the extra stability.

For the OP:
You can get webbing straps from any camping shop or if you want leather try a cycling shop for Brooks or Carradice saddle bag straps.
You are going to China - it should be easy to find someone willing to sew them on to the underside of your bag.
It's the weird colour scheme that freaks me. Every time you try to operate one of these weird black controls, which are labeled in black on a black background, a small black light lights up black to let you know you've done it.

Old 05-07-2012   #28
pinkarmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_n View Post
You do have to disassemble the leg sections to clean & lubricate. It's an easy job just keep track of all the parts. Below is a composite example from a tripod leg. The pic in the top left corner is where you sparingly put the lithium grease. Everything else including the leg surface does not need lubrication and should be kept clean and dry.

Yes a long time ago I once took a tripod into a plane cabin with spikes on it. Those days are long gone...
turns out that the main issue of my Gitzo is the rubber grips, they are tried and had lost elasticity, so it is hard to grip firm to extend.