Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Non Rangefinder Cameras > Digital Fixed Lens Advanced Compacts > Leica Fixed Lens Compacts

Leica Fixed Lens Compacts For the many and varied fixed lens Leica digital compact cameras

Old 05-04-2012   #26
dave lackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teuthida View Post
You're now officially a "Leica Guy."

Ha, ha! You find your models where you find 'em! In my case, it is my wife or my grandkids. When they are unwilling, I borrow my son's crazy dog!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aubie at Unicoi Springs April 2012 rff.jpg (29.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Aubie 2 at Unicoi Springs April 2012 rff.jpg (28.7 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Happy Easter rff.jpg (52.9 KB, 540 views)

Dave

Old 05-04-2012   #27
Teuthida
-

cute kid (nice pic of her).

cute dog too,

Old 05-04-2012   #28
Matus

The last firmware for X1 was release in February or March 2012.

I have both silver and black X1 in hand. Apart from my preference for the black, the black had MUCH better (look, feel, grip) leatherette than the silver.

For me the X1 is still unique as it offers great IQ in rally small package - the size difference to X100 is noticeable.

Just one point - have a look at the Ricoh GXR. The 28/2.5 and 50/2.5 modules (both APS-C) compare very well to the performance of the X1 (the AF is probably a touch faster). The 50 is also a macro lens and has lovely booked. Not to forget is the APS-C module with M-mount which has no AA filter and the file quality is wonderful. So if you have some M (or ltm) glass around this could be an interesting option.

Concerning both X1 and GXR you may be interested to check out the webpage of Steve Huff - he has some interesting insights how these cameras work in real life environment (and even has some direct comparisons).

P.S. I would have bought the GXR already if Riccoh had release a 35/2.5 lens module as that is my preferred focal length. I found the X1 bit too pricey at the time.
... per camera: Olympus XA , Jupiter J3 , Rolleiflex T, Mamiya 6, Ricoh GRDIII shots