Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Rangefinder Forum > Rangefinder Photography Discussion

Rangefinder Photography Discussion General discussions about Rangefinder Photography. This is a great place for questions and answers that are not addressed in a specific category. Take note there is also a General Photography forum.

Old 05-03-2012   #76
Araakii

Maybe I don't know about it enough but I actually don't like the HCSP group. To me they are really restricting "street photography" down to the particular type that they prefer and I think a lot of people think that that is the type of stuff to go for, when it's only just one particular type of photography among many other possibilities.

Old 05-03-2012   #77
boomguy57

For the love of all things holy...speaking of flickr, I managed to stumble across some guy called Trey Ratcliff (aka Stuck in Customs), who specializes in making my eyes ache through what seems like a direct injection of hallucinogens into my retina. We can debate the merits of HDR, I suppose, but this is ridiculous.

I will provide no link for your own health and safety...

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Old 05-03-2012   #78
Spyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araakii View Post
Maybe I don't know about it enough but I actually don't like the HCSP group. To me they are really restricting "street photography" down to the particular type that they prefer and I think a lot of people think that that is the type of stuff to go for, when it's only just one particular type of photography among many other possibilities.
hmmm... yes and no, they do have modern/unusual preferences but will promote various classic style street shot as long as they're good. Besides, who is they? The "admins" have changed at least 5 times that I can remember, and with them changes the whole aesthetic of the group.

Regardless, it's always a good place for honest critique. Maybe too honest for most.