Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Cameras / Gear / Photography > Classic Film RangeFinders & Other Classics > Lomo / Diana / Holga / Pinhole / Polaroids

Lomo / Diana / Holga / Pinhole / Polaroids Dedicated to Lomo / Diana, Holga, Pinhole, and Polaroid photography. Not recommended for those endlessly obsessing over the sharpest lens.

Old 04-30-2012   #81
ped
Small brown dog

Brill, thanks

Old 04-30-2012   #82
ped
Small brown dog

Finally got round to taking some pictures of my err pictures:

Rocket to the moon by chiscocks, on Flickr

Bassics by chiscocks, on Flickr

Portrait by chiscocks, on Flickr

Old 05-01-2012   #83
ped
Small brown dog

Stack by chiscocks, on Flickr

Hats by chiscocks, on Flickr

Pesky by chiscocks, on Flickr

Old 05-01-2012   #84
sniki

My last shot with sx70 circuit modified and px680 cool film
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dirt road.jpg (25.2 KB, 20 views)

Old 05-08-2012   #85
ped
Small brown dog

I might have just bought a Polaroid 250 to replace my 450 which has a dodgy flash sync
I'm also really interested to try this big ol' M3 flash...
More pics when it arrives - it's got the original case, close up and portrait attachments, cloud and UV filters, self timer and cable release... the works! I already have all the accessories (for the 450) so I'll be selling them soon (cable release, portrait kit, uv filter, cloud filter)

Old 05-23-2012   #86
AZSunGod
Polarock User

Smile

I just got a Polaroid Land Camera 100 (all the fixiin's with it too, flash, bulbs, cable release, pleather case, leather strap) and have been shooting with the Fuji FP-3000B, such a great film I might add, I love the contrast you get with it. I scan the negatives once they dry and invert with my scanner software, then do my adjustments in Lightroom 4. My question for you guys, did you repair any light leaks or just leave them for a more nostalgic look? I think I need to repair mine since it's fairly significant. Also how do you adjust the front lighten/darken knob to get an image that isn't overexposed? I've even tried turning the knob all the way to the dark setting and am still getting slightly overexposed images ( I correct it in Lightroom...) Here's an example of the light leak..

Old 05-23-2012   #87
ped
Small brown dog

Cool shot! I think the film justifies a clean shot, i.e no leaks. It's extremely detailed and not the sort of low-fi look where a light leak adds to the feel, I think.

Here's an SX70 shot. The Impossible PX70 Cool is a really nice film.

One Day All This Filing Will Pay Off by chiscocks, on Flickr

Old 05-23-2012   #88
HoodedOne

P2012-043.jpg by HoodedOne, on Flickr

Camera: SX70 Model 2 (white)
Film: PX70 NIGO

Old 05-23-2012   #89
AZSunGod
Polarock User

Thanks Ped! And I see what you mean, it does take very clear, detailed photo's, light leaks don't have a place there!!. Any suggestions on what to use to seal the leaks? I've read different things on other sites, and have tried electrical tape (don't really like it causes the bellows to be too big to fold down). I've also read about people using automotive gasket sealer? And black RTV?

HoodedOne: why is your border pink instead of white? I'm just curious

Old 05-23-2012   #90
nighstar
eternal beginner

sorry I can't help you with your light leak problem, AZSunGod. hope you can get it figured out. :/

Polaroid 1200si + expired Polaroid Image film

view of two by nighstar, on Flickr

a modded Polaroid 103 with a Tominon 105mm + expired IP Chocolate film

chocolate boat by nighstar, on Flickr

Old 05-23-2012   #91
HLing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSunGod View Post
I just got a Polaroid Land Camera 100 (all the fixiin's with it too, flash, bulbs, cable release, pleather case, leather strap) and have been shooting with the Fuji FP-3000B, such a great film I might add, I love the contrast you get with it. I scan the negatives once they dry and invert with my scanner software, then do my adjustments in Lightroom 4. My question for you guys, did you repair any light leaks or just leave them for a more nostalgic look? I think I need to repair mine since it's fairly significant. Also how do you adjust the front lighten/darken knob to get an image that isn't overexposed? I've even tried turning the knob all the way to the dark setting and am still getting slightly overexposed images ( I correct it in Lightroom...) Here's an example of the light leak..

Congrats on the auto 100! That was my first, too. After using it for a while the light leak got worse. I was about to repair the light leak with black liquid tape when I got an auto 250. So, I never found out if liquid tape would have worked.

Not sure what your other settings were when you got overexposed shots. In general, if you're outdoors, be sure you have the yellow tab set to outdoors, and your speed wheel at 3000. One time I forgot to set it back to 3000 from 300, and it was way too bright.

The L/D setting I've used is usually 2 notches lighten for when the temperature is cool (F50 degrees). It helps somewhat from getting a dark blue tint on the color film. I've found the L/D setting is good for smaller adjustments, whereas the outdoor/indoor (flash) tab are for major adjustments.

Hope some of this helps!

Old 05-23-2012   #92
ped
Small brown dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSunGod View Post
HoodedOne: why is your border pink instead of white? I'm just curious
It's the special edition NIGO film which has different colour frames! Very cool.

Old 05-24-2012   #93
HoodedOne

Thanks Ped.

Just to be clear. The PX-70 NIGO edition, gives you 8 different colored frames.

Here's another example

P2012-025.jpg by HoodedOne, on Flickr

Old 05-24-2012   #94
AZSunGod
Polarock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLing View Post
Congrats on the auto 100! That was my first, too. After using it for a while the light leak got worse. I was about to repair the light leak with black liquid tape when I got an auto 250. So, I never found out if liquid tape would have worked.

Not sure what your other settings were when you got overexposed shots. In general, if you're outdoors, be sure you have the yellow tab set to outdoors, and your speed wheel at 3000. One time I forgot to set it back to 3000 from 300, and it was way too bright.

The L/D setting I've used is usually 2 notches lighten for when the temperature is cool (F50 degrees). It helps somewhat from getting a dark blue tint on the color film. I've found the L/D setting is good for smaller adjustments, whereas the outdoor/indoor (flash) tab are for major adjustments.

Hope some of this helps!
That does help. I'm pretty sure I had it set to the outdoor setting, and 3000,but I will double check that to make sure!! And it's summer here in the gateway to hell...aka Arizona so I guess I need to figure out what will work best in the heat for the L/D knob setting.

And the color polaroids are pretty cool, is it random on the color that comes out?

Nighstar: I went to see if Impossible project had the chocolate anymore and they are out such a nice looking film!!

Old 06-06-2012   #95
AZSunGod
Polarock User

I fixed my light leak with some liquid electrical tape, took apart my rangefinder and cleaned it (I can see now!!), it's like a whole new camera!! Here's a test shot after I fixed the bellows

Old 06-08-2012   #96
nanntonaku

polaroid selfie by nanntonaku, on Flickr

got my hands on my first ever polaroid,...

so, you know, obligatory mirror shot was called for

i really like how fp-100c has the grain of colour negative but handles light like slide film.

Old 06-08-2012   #97
loquax ludens

I've got an old Polaroid 150 Land camera that takes roll film. Maybe I'll do a pack film conversion on it one of these days.

Old 06-08-2012   #98
zzpza

Polaroid 350 00002 by zzpza, on Flickr

Polaroid 340M 00019 Wreaths by zzpza, on Flickr

Polaroid 340M 00091 Abandoned Kennels by zzpza, on Flickr

Polaroid 350 00078 Castlerigg Stone Circle by zzpza, on Flickr

Old 06-09-2012   #99
one90guy

The Polaroid 150 conversion is not hard, I use a hacksaw and files. Mind do not have that professional look but they work fine. The 150 does not have the lens of the 110's but i get about the same results. And a whole lot cheaper:^) The 100 backs are cheaper to get but they have to be converted to fit. One of the major conversions guys bought a converted 110A from me, Im sure he dressed it, maybe even reworked it.

zzpza those are some great looking images, is that the FP-100c?

Old 06-09-2012   #100
zzpza

Quote:
Originally Posted by one90guy View Post
The Polaroid 150 conversion is not hard, I use a hacksaw and files...
I shall have to look into that myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by one90guy View Post
zzpza those are some great looking images, is that the FP-100c?
The top is FP-100C Silk, the middle two FP-100C and the bottom is 664.

Old 06-09-2012   #101
AZSunGod
Polarock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzpza View Post

I love the colors on the middle two, and the bottom one is just great, really nice shots all the way!!

I just bought a #583 close up kit for my 100, can't wait to get it and try it out. Still debating wheather or not to get the #581 portrait kit and the cloud filter...I also found a really cool site that has a lot of info on polaroids, even breaking them down to clean and what not, I think anyone that has a polaroid or is going to should check this site out!! http://www.instantoptions.com/

Old 06-09-2012   #102
nanntonaku

^^^ cheers for that link!

Old 06-09-2012   #103
3rdtrick

Thank you to the OP for starting this thread. I just got interested in the Polaroids and located a 420 at a flea market for $15, still in the case with the flash unit, flash cubes and original Eveready 3 volt and AA batteries. I got a fresh battery and some FP 100C and have been shooting this weekend.

When a friend saw my 420, he told me he had one from his uncle that he would give me. It is a 360 with the flash and charger. I know the issues with the Fuji film so I may send it off to Landcameras for a refurb and modify.

So what is the chosen way to digitize the Polaroids? Haven't used my scanner in years so it is probably full of dust. Maybe I will just use the macro lens and DSLR. The problem I am having is that I am giving away the prints before I scan...
Pete

Old 06-09-2012   #104
AZSunGod
Polarock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdtrick View Post
Thank you to the OP for starting this thread. I just got interested in the Polaroids and located a 420 at a flea market for $15, still in the case with the flash unit, flash cubes and original Eveready 3 volt and AA batteries. I got a fresh battery and some FP 100C and have been shooting this weekend.

When a friend saw my 420, he told me he had one from his uncle that he would give me. It is a 360 with the flash and charger. I know the issues with the Fuji film so I may send it off to Landcameras for a refurb and modify.

So what is the chosen way to digitize the Polaroids? Haven't used my scanner in years so it is probably full of dust. Maybe I will just use the macro lens and DSLR. The problem I am having is that I am giving away the prints before I scan...
Pete
With he color film and even the black an white, keep the negative. From what I've read you can bleach the color negatives to make it an actual negative to scan. Here's a link on the procedure
http://filmphotographyproject.com/pj...ves-fuji-100-c

Keep in mind the bleaching is only for color photos, not the black and white.

Old 06-10-2012   #105
nanntonaku

i've been using a nikon v1 and a pentax takumar 50mm macro,.... not amazing but its quick, gets the job done, and is good enough for flickr.

Old 06-10-2012   #106
loquax ludens

I won an SX-70 on eBay and I'd like to give the new Impossible film a try. Does anyone know if Impossible film for the SX-70 can be shipped safely in HOT weather? Or is there anyone in Texas who has had Impossible film shipped to them in the summer? How did it fare?

It's likely the film would spend quite some time at temperatures in the upper 90's or even low 100's during shipping and delivery to Texas. If cool temperatures are needed for shipping, I'll wait until the late fall to order.

Old 06-12-2012   #107
eurekaiv

I finally got a new cover for the SX-70 I've had since god knows when. The leather was gooey and crumbling away. I had to clean the battery contacts but once I did, it fired right up. Here's my favorite so far—using the new Impossible Cool Shade

iMaGe by eurekaiv, on Flickr

Old 06-16-2012   #108
AZSunGod
Polarock User

First shot of color film (Fuji Fp-100c) for me with the 100 and the close up kit

And a fun shot with my two oldest daughters!

Old 06-17-2012   #109
Ezzie
E. D. Russell Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzpza View Post

You could one step further and make it a sight more verstile (and bulky), though no more difficult. Hacksaw, Dremel, sheet aluminium and glue/bondo and some sweat and elbow grease. Difficult it is not, hey I did it. http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...d.php?t=120232

Polaroid 110A conversion back #3 by Eirik0304, on Flickr

Polaroid 110A conversion front #2 by Eirik0304, on Flickr

RF: Leica M4-2 | Royal 35-M | Polaroid 110A/600SE hybrid
VF: DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | Voigtländer Vito CL | Foth Derby | Welta Weltix | Smena Symbol | Lomo'Instax
SLR: Canon EF | Pentacon SIX | Pentax SP1000 | Pentax SV
TLR: Rolleiflex 2.8E3 | DUO TLR
CSC: Fuji X-E1
Pinhole: 6x17 Vermeer | ONDU 6x6 | DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x24

My Flickr
Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W

silhouette...
Old 06-19-2012   #110
bobkatz

silhouette...

Old 06-21-2012   #111
AZSunGod
Polarock User

1967 VW

Old 06-25-2012   #112
loquax ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by loquax ludens View Post
I won an SX-70 on eBay and I'd like to give the new Impossible film a try. Does anyone know if Impossible film for the SX-70 can be shipped safely in HOT weather? Or is there anyone in Texas who has had Impossible film shipped to them in the summer? How did it fare?

It's likely the film would spend quite some time at temperatures in the upper 90's or even low 100's during shipping and delivery to Texas. If cool temperatures are needed for shipping, I'll wait until the late fall to order.

I took a chance on it, and the film seemed to travel in the heat just fine. I just took my first shot of the Impossible PX-100 UV+ Silver Shade, and it came out looking good.

While I like the artifacts and odd colors and tones of the current crop of Impossible Project films, I hope they continue to work on them and improve the contrast and saturation, and reduce artifacts.

Old 06-27-2012   #113
HoodedOne

Pinhole lightning

Pinhole Lightning (HT043) by HoodedOne, on Flickr

Harman Titan w. Polaroid T53 (exp. 09/2009)
Exposure 3-5 minutes

Old 07-07-2012   #114
Ezzie
E. D. Russell Roberts

From the 250, FP100C

YPO by Eirik0304, on Flickr

RF: Leica M4-2 | Royal 35-M | Polaroid 110A/600SE hybrid
VF: DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | Voigtländer Vito CL | Foth Derby | Welta Weltix | Smena Symbol | Lomo'Instax
SLR: Canon EF | Pentacon SIX | Pentax SP1000 | Pentax SV
TLR: Rolleiflex 2.8E3 | DUO TLR
CSC: Fuji X-E1
Pinhole: 6x17 Vermeer | ONDU 6x6 | DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x24

My Flickr
Silver Halides - Pictures in B&W

Old 07-08-2012   #115
loquax ludens

I like the colors, Ezzie. I have an SX-70, so the only film I can use is Impossible film. I hope the Impossible Project will someday be able to rival Fuji for color and image quality. Right now, shooting Impossible film is a Holga-like experience.

Old 07-12-2012   #116
nighstar
eternal beginner

forgotten daydream by nighstar, on Flickr

Hasselblad 500C + Fuji FP100C

Old 07-18-2012   #117
Penzes

catch of the day by Istvan Penzes, on Flickr

18 July 2012, Lucas with my father.

Polaroid Landcamera 350
Fuji FP-100C
Canon Canoscan LiDE 700F

my flickr

Old 07-21-2012   #118
3rdtrick

My first Polaroid/Fuji images. These were with my original 420 that I got for $15 at a flea market. It was a deal because the 2 packs of high power flash cubes are worth more than I paid for it.

I now have 5 Polaroids and spent less than I did on a lens hood for my Leica...

Pete

Old 07-27-2012   #119
Penzes

Playing with water by Istvan Penzes, on Flickr

Shoot wit the new toy.

my flickr

Old 07-29-2012   #120
3rdtrick

Now I am starting to get the hang of it. Seems there is a big difference between the plastic lens (420) and the glass lens (250). Dust was a major PITA in the scans and I needed to take my scanner apart to clean the glass.