Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Non Rangefinder Cameras > TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex

TLR Forum - Twin Lens Reflex another alternative to the dreaded SLR way of seeing, this forum for all format TLR cameras

Dark blue Bay III filter?
Old 04-29-2012   #1
Merkin
For the Weekend

Dark blue Bay III filter?

Does/did anyone make a dark blue Bayonet III filter for Rolleiflexes? For that matter, is anyone still making new Bay III filters? B+W apparently only does bays I and II these days.

Old 04-30-2012   #2
craygc

For what its worth, I wanted Bay 2 filters for my 3.5F and just bought the smallest diameter Bay 2 adapter then used standard threaded filters. Works fine and the Bay 2 hood fits over them. I assume you can do similar with Bay 3.

This was the adapter for Bay 2

This should work for a Bay 3

Old 04-30-2012   #3
Merkin
For the Weekend

awesome, many thanks! that will be brilliant, as I already use 43mm filters for the lens on my Pen FT.

Old 04-30-2012   #4
Coldkennels

I know I'm a bit late, but just in case you decide not to go the adaptor route, there's always these:

http://www.srb-griturn.com/srb-colou...ters-523-p.asp

SRB Griturn make filters to order in almost any mount. They do Bay III for 24.95. It's not a bad way to get hold of otherwise hard to find filters.

Every fortnight, I sit down and record some ramblings about film photography which gets uploaded to pdexposures.tv.
Nate calls it a podcast. I call it a shambles. But we all have fun, and isn't that what counts?

- Tony

Old 04-30-2012   #5
Merkin
For the Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldkennels View Post
I know I'm a bit late, but just in case you decide not to go the adaptor route, there's always these:

SRB Griturn make filters to order in almost any mount. They do Bay III for 24.95. It's not a bad way to get hold of otherwise hard to find filters.
Unfortunately, I'm looking for a 38a blue contrast filter, not a color correction filter, which they don't offer. Good looking out, though, I will remember them in the future.

Old 04-30-2012   #6
Coldkennels

Out of interest, what's the intended use for that 38a? I don't think I've ever even heard of that before.

Every fortnight, I sit down and record some ramblings about film photography which gets uploaded to pdexposures.tv.
Nate calls it a podcast. I call it a shambles. But we all have fun, and isn't that what counts?

- Tony

Old 04-30-2012   #7
Merkin
For the Weekend

I like to shoot a lot of broken down rusty things, and a blue filter makes rust really pop.

Here is an example:

Old 04-30-2012   #8
Coldkennels

Interesting! I have an 80b I bought a long time ago to try to colour correct indoor lighting (it's not strong enough); I might see if that'll do a similar job. Good tip!

- Tony

Old 04-30-2012   #9
PMCC
Late adopter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldkennels View Post

Thanks ColdK. Nice to know for future reference.