Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Coffee With Mentors > Tom Abrahamsson of RapidWinder.com

Tom Abrahamsson of RapidWinder.com It is almost never that an inventor improves on a Leica product so that it is better than the original Leica product. Tom holds that distinction with his RapidWinder for Leica M rangefinders -- a bottom mounting baseplate trigger advance. In addition Tom manufacturers other Leica accessories such as his very popular Soft Release and MiniSoftRelease shutter releases. Tom is well known as one of the true Leica rangefinder experts, even by Leica. IMPORTANT READ THIS: CWE Forum hosts have moderation powers within their forum. Please observe copyright laws by not copying and posting their material elsewhere without permission.

Old 04-28-2012   #76
Tom A
RFF Sponsor

Chevrolet "El Canino". Zeiss C Biogon 21mm f4.5 with K2 Yellow filter. Kodak XX in Pyrocat HD.

Old 04-28-2012   #77
semilog
curmudgeonly optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kossi008 View Post
Hey, a lot of us live near the 50th parallel (especially in Europe). I still find the 21/4.5 sufficient during those winter days, but then, it depends on high you go with the "faster film". I will go to Iso 1600/33 in winter...
I'll do it if I have to but I really prefer to use ACROS where possible. I just love its tone curve, its sharpness, and its smoothness. 2TMY at EI 400 in XTOL the rest of the time. I rarely shoot at higher EI since Neopan 1600 was discontinued (sigh). Also, the winters here don't just give us short days but also a lot of cloud cover and rain. Winters here are a lot darker than winters in New Hampshire were.

Also, if I bring the 21 at all, it's usually the primary lens and not a fallback.

Untitled by Semilog, on Flickr

Seattle Aquarium. ZM 21/2.8 wide open, probably 1/15 or 1/8 s.

semilog.smugmug.com | flickr.com/photos/semilog/

Old 05-14-2012   #78
Tom A
RFF Sponsor

Well, all set for NHS in Paris at the end of the month (and the Bievre swapmeet). Leaving in a couple of hours for the airport. First Amsterdam, picking up a car there and then on to Sweden - after that down to Wetzlar (with only Nikon Rf's!) and then on to Paris for a couple of weeks.
Four Nikon Rf's, 2 black S3's and one black/one chrome SP and a solitary Nikon F, dedicated to the F-mount 12f5.6. Otherwise a 21VC, 28f3.5 Nikkor, a Zeiss C Sonnar 50f1.5, an older 35f1.8 and the "long" lens - a VC Apo-Lanthar 85f3.5. All in all about 65 rolls of Arista Premium 400.
Back on June 10 th. Keep shooting everybody - I know I will.
Tom

Old 05-14-2012   #79
JMQ

Bon voyage Tom and Tuulikki. I know the wine is better than that of Missouri.

Regards, Jean-Marc

Old 05-14-2012   #80
helenhill_HH
Mod Squad /to Light,Love

Have a GRAND Time Tom & Tuulikki !!!

Old 05-23-2012   #81
Vincent.G
平和、愛、喜び

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom A View Post
Well, all set for NHS in Paris at the end of the month (and the Bievre swapmeet). Leaving in a couple of hours for the airport. First Amsterdam, picking up a car there and then on to Sweden - after that down to Wetzlar (with only Nikon Rf's!) and then on to Paris for a couple of weeks.
Four Nikon Rf's, 2 black S3's and one black/one chrome SP and a solitary Nikon F, dedicated to the F-mount 12f5.6. Otherwise a 21VC, 28f3.5 Nikkor, a Zeiss C Sonnar 50f1.5, an older 35f1.8 and the "long" lens - a VC Apo-Lanthar 85f3.5. All in all about 65 rolls of Arista Premium 400.
Back on June 10 th. Keep shooting everybody - I know I will.
Tom
I would love to do something like that with my wife one day.

Celebrating what's right with the world on film.