I have (among way too many other cameras ...) those two 6x9 RF-folders:
- Agfa Record III with Solinar lens (4,5/105), Synchro Compur shutter (AR)
- Voightlander Bessa II with Color Heliar lens (3,5/105), Compur-Rapid shutter (VB)
They both had a CLA and are in perfect technical condition, all times working, self shutter working, rangefinder working, collimation fine.
-The Solinar lens has perfect glass, the Heliar has some very faint cleaning spots (you really have to look for them)
- The AR is lighter, with a simpler (and imo hence more fail-safe) build, while the VB is more complicated
- The VB is a DOF scale, but no prevention of double exposure, the AR has sort of a scale on the right knob, but I don't understand how to use it, and can prevent double exposure.
- the AR seems ergonomically better thought out: the rangefinder can be used with the right index finger and you use the same finger to press the shutter; with the VB, you have to use left index and thumb for the rangefinder, and left finger for the shutter; it feels a bit more clumsy.
- the springs of the backplate of the AR feel a bit stronger, but those of the VB seem fine.
- the way the red window at the back can be shut is easier to use with the AR.
Very minor points:
- the AR has a accessory shoe, the VB has not
- the VB has more "status" then the AR, hence I can get more from it when selling it then the AR.
Both cameras produce fine pics. I didn't print any yet, but I doubt I'll see much difference.
Which one would you keep in this situation ? I'm an eternal doubter