I found this outside the front door of my adopted family's house as I was leaving to go around the corner and have a drink. I only photograph in b&w in Cuba for my serious work but I was done photographing for the day as I had been out walking and shooting for 7 hours.
I stepped back inside and picked up the compact digital that I use for family happy-snaps. I shot this, put the camera up and went on to partake of Cuba's finest rum.
Was this intuition or intent? consider:
* I was in Cuba to photograph people
* but I was finished photographing for the day
* I shoot b&w film
* but for some reason I picked up my digital
* I am diligent about editing and printing my b&w work
* but this was so casual that I forgot I shot it and just found the digital files that I shot six months ago. I never looked at them before
So would you call this intuition or intent?