Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Fixed Lens RF

Fixed Lens RF This forum is dedicated to the numerous and popular fixed lens rangefinders, including but not limited to the Canon Canonets, Konica III and S series, Minoltas, Ricohs, Vivitars, and so many others. Note fixed lens Olympus , Yashicas, Argus and Retina have separate forums.

eBay MR-9 battery adapters any good?
Old 04-17-2012   #1
Smeghead

eBay MR-9 battery adapters any good?

I'm looking to get a battery adapter for my Konica Auto S2, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with the cheap ones from eBay? I see one on there for 15, whereas I've seen people recommending ones from "the Small Battery Company", but that costs literally double the price (and also the same price I paid for the camera itself!).

Should I take my chances with the eBay one, or bite the bullet and go for the more expensive one?

Old 04-17-2012   #2
colyn
ישו משיח בנו של אלוהים

The MR-9 adapter uses the germanium diode which is a poor substitute and it also requires the 386 silver oxide battery which is also a poor substitute.

I have used the schottky diode 1N5711 soldered inline with the battery wire coming from the chamber with no problems whatsoever. An example of converting the Minolta srT can be found at http://www.rokkorfiles.com/conversion.htm.

This may give you an idea on how to convert your camera..

The Lone Star State....

Leica M2 | M3 x 2 | IIIa x 2 | IIIc | IIIf black dial | Kodak Retina IIIc | Kodak Retina IIIC |

Flickr

My website

My Gallery