Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Miscellaneous Topics and more > Off Topic

Off Topic Feel like venting or just passing a joke? If so, do it here. Please keep it clean. Minors do visit this site.

Diesel?
Old 03-12-2012   #26
john341
camera user

Diesel?

What else? In Australia, 1.59 cents pro litre, BUT a litre goes a long way with gaz

Old 03-14-2012   #27
Olsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanik View Post
diesel €1.55/l
super €1.76/l
debt €32400/inhabitant
governmental debt rising at €507/second

Which confirms my statement. Your petrol prices are all too low. € 1,55/litre is all too low compared to those nations with tidy economy. Belgian petrol prices are even lower than Finland and Sweden.

That's why you have a governmental debt slightly less than 100% of GDP (Which is hefty!). It is that simple. Increase petrol prices by € 0,20/litre and the Belgian governmental budget would go in balance, you Belgians would have to use the bicycle more often (get healthier) - and use the cars less (poor Germans...). This will lead to less wear and tear on your road system and even less pollution, - just as a bonus. After all: We are talking of or Belgium. Not the wast plains of the Mid West. How long time will it take to bicycle from one end of Belgium to the other..?

Old 03-17-2012   #28
Spanik

Quote:
After all: We are talking of or Belgium. Not the wast plains of the Mid West. How long time will it take to bicycle from one end of Belgium to the other..?
Me? A couple of days. There is a slight peculiarity about Belgium and its workforce. While in (AFAIK) every other country people move closer to their work when it get a bit too much, here we stay where we have build our home and go to work whatever the price to get there. So even while it is a small country you do have a lot of people that have a 1h commute or worse. There are people that travel half the country to get to work, not just for a short period but for years on end.

Quote:
That's why you have a governmental debt slightly less than 100% of GDP (Which is hefty!).
I fear that has far more to do with incompetent politicians than the price of gas.

Old 03-26-2012   #29
camperbc

Here, on our remote little island, a one hour ferry ride off the northeast coast of Newfoundland, we are paying a whopping $1.50 per litre, ($6.83 per Canadian gallon!) which must make our fuel about the most expensive in all of Canada. We do, however, make up for it by having some of the lowest income taxes, insurance premiums, home prices and electricity rates in the country.

One does not worry too much about the price of fuel here, when an oceanfront home can still be purchased for less than $50,000.

Glen

Old 03-31-2012   #30
Olsen

The classical recipe for high public debt is 'low taxes'. Researchers have also found a relation between 'low alcohol prices' and 'huge public debt'.

The moral is: There is no free lunch.

Old 04-02-2012   #31
Paul Jenkin
Late Developer

The pile-o-crap Con-Dem government we have in the UK has recently advised drivers to fill up and stockpile petrol at home in "Jerry cans". Aside from the fact that stockpiling petrol at home is illegal and very dangerous, the government also caused a wave of panic buying which saw petrol stations across the country run dry inside a day. I was working 200 miles from home and spent a few very anxious hours trying to find somewhere in Dorset / Hampshire that was open and had petrol. Eventually, I found one but they had taken the "opportunity" of raising the price of standard unleaded to £1.47 per litre.

It's comforting to know that our government encourages us to act recklessly first and then seeks discussions with those with a genuine greivance second. Somewhat ironically, te government also had to relax tanker driver working hours regulations to no more than 11 hours per day to enable enough of them to replenish stocks at the "dry" petrol stations.

Still, you get the government you vote for. So, to anyone who voted Tory or Liberal - thank you. NOT.

Old 04-02-2012   #32
camperbc

Gas has hit $1.53 per litre here this week. I'm contemplating buying a horse and buggy!

Glen

Old 04-05-2012   #33
Vickko

$1.35 per liter. Canada.

35mm (film and digital)
Film only for 6x6cm, 6x9cm & 4x5in
BW darkroom to 4x5in

Old 04-05-2012   #34
Spanik

Quote:
I'm contemplating buying a horse and buggy!
What's the price of oats?

Old 05-03-2012   #35
David Hughes

A milestone last week; filled the car and it was pennies short of seventy five quid. Gasp!

Regards, David

Old 05-10-2012   #36
johnasjade
-

Don't Know My Father brought The Gas...
I am in America...

Old 05-10-2012   #37
btgc

In fact, since I sold my old car last autumn, I'm not in rush buying another. So far I've been fine with a bus, taxi and car sharing (paying car owner for fuel and extra for wear/maintenance). I believe three families of 3-5 members can be good with just two cars. Just lower a bit your level of comfort

Old 05-13-2012   #38
FlyingLotus
Photography

In NV, its $3.82 per gallon.

'Black and White are the colors of photography. To me they symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to which mankind is forever subjected'

-Robert Frank

Old 06-11-2012   #39
Olsen

Could there be a corelation between national debt and how good a nation is in football? Then a nation with low petrol prices will also be good in football. Or?

Old 06-11-2012   #40
a_aguila

Hello! new to the forum here

gas prices here in Manitoba is
regular: $1.21/ltr
diesel: $1.17/ltr

Old 06-12-2012   #41
karlori
Digital Refugee

Regular unleaded : 1.70$ per liter
Diesel : 1,60$ per liter

Don't remember when I filled it completely ...

Old 06-14-2012   #42
one90guy

At one time I drove 65 miles one way to work. To expensive to live where the well paying jobs are located and no mass transit except in cities like Houston. but gas prices are dropping here, cheapest so far is $3.25 per gallon.