Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Argus RF

Argus RF Forum for Argus RF nuts. The American made Argus C-3 may be the most prolific rangefinder, with over 3 million cameras produced! While American RF nutz of the 1950's may have yearned for a Leica, Zeiss, Canon or Nikon, most of them used an Argus !

Argus C4 pics
Old 03-25-2012   #1
Tom hicks

Argus C4 pics

Took out some of my inventory for a work out , hope you enjoy.

sorry this is about as streety as I get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Argus C4 CVS400 11.jpg (54.0 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg Argus C4 CVS400 12.jpg (44.7 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg Argus C4 CVS400 16.jpg (34.7 KB, 59 views)

Old 03-25-2012   #2
TXForester

I like these. I have photos of that same egg beater. Did you ride the shuttle to the hanger with the C-47 and He-111?

Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey-cage. ― H.L. Mencken

Old 03-25-2012   #3
Tom hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave lackey View Post
Crap...now I gotta go back to the Antique Store and negotiate some more on that C4 they have for $45.....great photos, Tom!
Thanks Dave here are a few more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Argus C4 CVS400 1.jpg (43.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Argus C4 CVS400 6.jpg (41.2 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Argus C4 CVS400 7.jpg (33.2 KB, 33 views)

Old 03-25-2012   #4
Tom hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXForester View Post
I like these. I have photos of that same egg beater. Did you ride the shuttle to the hanger with the C-47 and He-111?
The only thing in the hanger when these were taken was FiFi the b52 and the B24 that they are just now painting up.

These were shot with my Konica C35 and Dbl xx B&W film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dbl-X 5222 Konica C35 Mic-X 21 copy.jpg (29.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Dbl-X 5222 Konica C35 Mic-X 19 copy.jpg (45.0 KB, 40 views)

Old 03-25-2012   #5
TXForester

There is another hanger between the main displays and the hanger with FiFi and the B-24. When I was there last year, it also had Mr. Cavanaugh's business helicopter and a business jet. The He-111 in that hanger was used in the 1969 move "Battle of Britain."

Wild question. I knew a Tom Hicks when I lived in Dallas. Did you work in auto parts many years ago?

Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey-cage. ― H.L. Mencken

Old 03-25-2012   #6
Tom hicks

Quote:
There is another hanger between the main displays and the hanger with FiFi and the B-24. When I was there last year, it also had Mr. Cavanaugh's business helicopter and a business jet. The He-111 in that hanger was used in the 1969 move "Battle of Britain."

Wild question. I knew a Tom Hicks when I lived in Dallas. Did you work in auto parts many years ago?
I had a small flame spray metalizing business that was located inside of British Motor cars shop. I also worked on Jags for 8 years as well. I aluminum coated Headers and exhaust systems for the street rod guys as well as spray zirconium oxide (ceramics) on cast iron exhaust manifolds and turbo charger housing. we were located off Ables Ln in Dallas. between Walnut hill and Royal Ln . this was back in the early 80's

Old 03-25-2012   #7
Tom hicks

[quote=dave lackey;1841359]Dang, these are nice! Who did the processing and scanning for these?[/quote

CVS dev all my color and I scan at home , I do all my own B&W, I am going to start doing my own color as well very soon . Already have the kit. most all my color film is either cvs or Walgreens . When they put it on sale I buy 100 to 200 rolls for around 1.57 a roll.

Old 03-25-2012   #8
TXForester

Different Mr. Hicks. This guy was from the Midwest (can't remember the state) and had been in drag racing up there. I worked with him at Whites Home and Auto.

Back on subject. I'm enjoying these photos. Is the close up of the Pratt and Whitney in the Corsair?

Old 03-25-2012   #9
TXForester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom hicks View Post
most all my color film is either cvs or Walgreens . When they put it on sale I buy 100 to 200 rolls for around 1.57 a roll.
If there is a 99cent Only store near you, you can get their 200 speed film for 99 cents. I buy some when I come to Garland to visit family.

Old 03-25-2012   #10
Tom hicks

Quote:
Different Mr. Hicks. This guy was from the Midwest (can't remember the state) and had been in drag racing up there. I worked with him at Whites Home and Auto.

Back on subject. I'm enjoying these photos. Is the close up of the Pratt and Whitney in the Corsair?
Yes , Maybe you need to come to town more often and we can go shoot. we might be able to talk Will (Shadowfox) to go with use. If I have to go east I'll be at Lake fork fishing , used to Rep in the Hunting and Fishing Industry. 6 years

Old 03-25-2012   #11
TXForester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom hicks View Post
Yes , Maybe you need to come to town more often and we can go shoot. we might be able to talk Will (Shadowfox) to go with use. If I have to go east I'll be at Lake fork fishing , used to Rep in the Hunting and Fishing Industry. 6 years
Sounds good. I live near Lake Fork. About three miles south of Alba.

Old 04-09-2014   #12
citizen99

I recently got a C4, I'm very pleased with it, nice to handle, I like the styling, and it takes nice pictures.

Argus C4 in the garden, March 2014 by johnnyh4, on Flickr

Spring in the garden, March 2014 by johnnyh4, on Flickr

Old 04-30-2014   #13
supercub

I shot a roll in my C4 and the pics came out excellent. I think it would be a great shooter for dark pics as the shutter action is so smooth.