Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Bigger than 35 RF's > Voigtlander Bessa III / III Wide

Voigtlander Bessa III / III Wide Celebrating the two modern Voigtlander 120 film cameras, the 667 Bessa III and Bessa III Wide.

What bag do you use?
Old 01-10-2012   #1
alphazo

What bag do you use?

Everything is in the title. I don't plan to buy the Fuji case for the GF670 as it looks like just too tight.

What do you for storing and carrying around your GF670 camera?

Alphazo

Old 01-10-2012   #2
canetsbe

I usually carry it in a domke f-6 waxwear. plenty of room inside for the camera + film + meter + my M6/28 elmarit for wide shots or zeiss 50 sonnar and whatever else you might need. If I want to travel light, I grab the FX-5B which is the perfect size for just the camera + meter and film.

Old 01-10-2012   #3
Dana B.

No bag. GF670 slung over left shoulder. Yellow filter, Tri-X and a lens cloth in the pocket. And I'm good to go...

Old 01-10-2012   #4
canetsbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana B. View Post
No bag. GF670 slung over left shoulder. Yellow filter, Tri-X and a lens cloth in the pocket. And I'm good to go...
nothing wrong with that!

Old 01-10-2012   #5
majid
Fazal Majid

Same as any other of my cameras, in a messenger bag. I do have the fitted case, for storage.

Old 01-24-2012   #6
alphazo

Just got the camera today with a FX-5B (nice fit). Camera feels just great. Loaded up with some 3200 film in order to do some night shots during my trip to Dallas but it is raining like crazy over there....

Old 01-24-2012   #7
kshapero
Tourist

A&A bag

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kshapero

Old 01-25-2012   #8
canetsbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphazo View Post
Just got the camera today with a FX-5B (nice fit). Camera feels just great. Loaded up with some 3200 film in order to do some night shots during my trip to Dallas but it is raining like crazy over there....
Perfect! But I would be slightly skeptical shooting the GF in the rain.. getting the bellows wet, or closing the front with a lot of moisture inside... I shudder at the thought of what could happen....

Old 01-26-2012   #9
Way

Bare Bones Bag

Old 01-26-2012   #10
wafflecakee

thinktank retrospect 10

Old 01-27-2012   #11
alphazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by canetsbe View Post
Perfect! But I would be slightly skeptical shooting the GF in the rain.. getting the bellows wet, or closing the front with a lot of moisture inside... I shudder at the thought of what could happen....
Don't worry I didn't go out that night.. I took few shots inside the hotel. Following night was much better. Coming back to the GF670, shutter sound is just impressively quiet.

Old 01-27-2012   #12
netoga

I asked the same question on flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/fujifil...7624565318115/
Hope it helps.

Old 07-15-2012   #13
Fabio Ruffet
Fabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana B. View Post
Which yellow filter do you use for this camera? Many thanks

Old 07-15-2012   #14
hteasley
Pupil

Crumpler Enthusiast sling backpack. Side openings for carrying two RF bodies, an iPad slot, and a large top compartment for random crap.

Old 07-15-2012   #15
Dana B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio Ruffet View Post
Which yellow filter do you use for this camera? Many thanks
I use a 58 mm MC 8 yellow from Calumet. And I have a similar orange filter made by Hoya. The yellow is my primary tool.

Old 07-18-2012   #16
Paul Jenkin
Late Developer

Depends on the kit.

I have a Billingham Hadley that I use for Leica M6TTL + 3 lenses / film / phone, etc. I used to have a larger Billingham (355?) that was all straps and bickes and zips and was a right PITA to get stuff into / out of in a hurry. I used it for my Mamiya 7 + 43/65/150. However, I traded the old Billingham and got a Lowepro "Stealth Reporter 400" that is a dream to carry and much easier to access / stow gear. The build quality isn't Billingham standard but it's good enough and there's an all-weather cover as well.

Old 07-18-2012   #17
GaryLH

If I am carrying More than one camera, then it is going to be a timbuktu messenger bag with the camera insert.. Otherwise, I don't use one it it is just one camera with one lens.

Gary

Old 11-12-2012   #18
gsgary

my favourite bag is my Billingham Hadley Pro

Old 01-10-2013   #19
kram

CCS, They are so good, I have 3. 2 for large format and one for medium format.

Old 02-25-2013   #20
Godfrey
wonderment

The Bessa III folder up is fairly compact and I rarely need room for more than it plus a couple of lens hoods (I have two, usually one fitted with an orange filter and the other without), and a couple of extra rolls of film. So what bag I use depends more on what other junk I need to carry about.

Lately, I've been using the Lowepro Teraclime 100 fitted with a camera pocket from the A&A ACAM 7100, and I've also been using the Lowepro Passport Sling for when I need a bit more space for other junk (like a place to stuff my jacket if it gets too warm, or a second camera, or the iPad mini, or whatever).

I saw someone asked about filters. I bought two lens hoods and both Green and Yellow-Orange B+W MRC filters in 40.5mm size. The filter fits into the lens hood and snaps on and off quickly this way ... I usually have one hood fitted with a filter and the other without. You can't close the camera with a 58mm filter on the lens so I find this much more convenient for filter use, albeit a trifle costly (lens hoods cost $70 US each). (I actually might buy a third so that I have a permanent setup of one clear shade and two filtered shades at all times when I'm out shooting.)

G

Old 03-17-2014   #21
Fotohuis

40,5mm filter(s) in the lens hood. Same size as most FSU RF lenses filter size. N.D. 0,6 ; I.R. maybe an Orange or dark Yellow.

Because the lens hood is pretty expensive I only have one. For the Bessa III 667 as traveling camera: The original pouch only. And a few films, lens hood, filter etc. in the pocket.

Or combined with a small digital u4/3 camera in a back pack.

PA252188_bewerkt-1.JPG by Fotohuis (Robert), on Flickr

Better times when visiting Ukraine (Mykolaiv) near Crimnea. Thanks Mr. Poetin for demolishing such a nice country and people in a few weeks!

Sovjet_train_Mykolaiv_Bessa_III by Fotohuis (Robert), on Flickr