I suppose the OP asks for the workflow after the scanning is done, not the scan workflow itself. For technical scanning suggestions there are already many threads around.
Originally Posted by Tim Gray
I usually send it to Precision Camera and let them do all the work
I do exactly the same as Tim. And when the CD is in the letter box, my very simple post processing starts:
1) copy the whole roll/images to my file server
2) sync the filenames to the film image numbers, if required
3) add basic EXIF data to the scan files (camera, film, ISO...)
4) review and rate all the images (I use an Excel table for all my film photo details)
5) copy the keepers to a publishing folder
6) add usefull EXIF data per image (lens, flash, time & date, coming from the Excel image table...)
7) do simple processing in IrfanView or, if required
do complex processing in GIMP
8) store the processed image, resized to 1920px long side, as TIF
Now I'm ready to use the images for web publishing, print preparation or whatever is needed.