Advice on developing expired Retro 100
Old 01-16-2012   #1
cambolt
Green Spotted Nose Turtle

Advice on developing expired Retro 100

I have a roll of unexposed Rollei Retro 100, which expired in 8/2010. I'm thinking of shooting it. Is there anything I need to keep in mind when processing/shooting? Should I just use the standard dev times? I'll be using D76.

Thanks

Old 01-17-2012   #2
Austerby

I wouldn't treat it any differently from an in-date film - it's only 18 months past. I have plenty of film of that age (due to a combination of over-ordering in 2009 and an unexpected drop-off in film consumption since then) that I'm treating as normal and getting perfectly normal results from. I don't store mine in a fridge or freezer either, just in an old shoebox in a cupboard.

Old 01-17-2012   #3
cambolt
Green Spotted Nose Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austerby View Post
I wouldn't treat it any differently from an in-date film - it's only 18 months past. I have plenty of film of that age (due to a combination of over-ordering in 2009 and an unexpected drop-off in film consumption since then) that I'm treating as normal and getting perfectly normal results from. I don't store mine in a fridge or freezer either, just in an old shoebox in a cupboard.
Thanks - I'll just see what happens