Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Rangefinder Forum > Image Processing: Darkroom / Lightroom / Film > Hardware / Computers / Drives / etc

Hardware / Computers / Drives / etc This is the place to discuss the hardware to keep your digital pics more than just memories.

Old 08-09-2011   #26
FrankS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwooten View Post
Frank, I know you'll love your new ipad. Netflix works really well on them too. Liz has an ipad (v1), and I use a 13" Air for portable usage. They have overlapping Venn areas, and while the Air is much more powerful it lacks the playfulness that Fred alludes to in one of his posts.
Michael, remember that you got me started down this path with your gift of a PalmPilot? Thanks again for that!

Old 08-09-2011   #27
mwooten
light user

I was using the Leafs talking bottle opener this past Thursday, and I thought about you. I love that bottle opener!

blog: atomicspa.com

Old 08-09-2011   #28
MikeL
Go Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwooten View Post
....while the Air is much more powerful it lacks the playfulness that Fred alludes to in one of his posts.
And it is easier to read internet news on the toilet with the iPad.

Old 08-09-2011   #29
photokalia

I love my iPad and go practically everywhere with it. I get news, games, email and the web. The only shortcoming is that I can't colour calibrate the screen (using a Monaco Optix), so other than casual snaps, I don't have the confidence to do photo editing on it. The other question I have is whether the iPad has enough power to handle the DNG files from the M9. As it is, they already slow down my Macbook Pro quite a bit in Lightroom.

Old 08-09-2011   #30
DougK
This space left blank

My wife got me a second-generation iPad for our anniversary and I love it. It replaced my Sony e-reader and my laptop; since most of what I do away from my desktop Mac is listening to music, reading and writing email, and watching movies, the iPad is perfect for my needs. I'm eagerly awaiting iOS 5.