Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Leica M -- Konica RF

Leica M -- Konica RF This forum is about the Konica RF, Konica' s idea of what a M camera should be.

Old 03-06-2011   #26
dogbunny
Registered Boozer

I'm sure there are people more knowledgeable than me, but I find the viewfinder necessary at 21mm any how. The lens with the hood blocks the viewfinder a bit, so I get a cleaner field of view through the external viewfinder. I have read here though, that some people don't seem to mind working without it.

I've seen both the Minolta and Hexannon 28mm come up for sale here in the classifieds, both can go for under a grand. Also, a Kobalux/Avenon can be had in 28mm for under a grand as well.

Cheers,

DB

Old 03-06-2011   #27
mfunnell
Shaken, so blurred

The M-Hexanon 28/2.8 is a very good lens, and I give mine a lot of use. I'm told the ZM 25mm/f2.8 is a stellar performer as well, though I have no personal knowledge of it. I imagine it would go well on a Hexar RF using the full viewfinder rather than the 28mm framelines.

And the Hexar RF is a wonderful camera. Welcome to the club!

...Mike

My RFF top 10(12). My flickr photostream has day-to-day stuff, while dA has some of my better shots.

Old 03-07-2011   #28
Krosya
Konicaze

While most lenses you list are great or at least very good, your best bang for the buck is CV 28/1.9 ASPH LTM. I used to have a ZM 25/2.8 and M-Hexanon 28/2.8. Both are superb, but were too slow at times, so CV 28/1.9 works the best for me in this case and cost the least of these three.

Folders
:
Welta Weltur 6x6/645, Welta Weltur 6x9/645

flickr

Old 03-08-2011   #29
kzphoto

The 25/2.8 is a stunning lens, but unless you're really into wides, I'd stick to the 28/2.8. You can find used 28 Hexanon-M lenses for 680-750 USD. There's a few on ebay right now.

Consider that if you do buy a 25/2.8, you might need a VF as well.

Old 03-12-2011   #30
dct

Thank you for all the advice so far. It helps me alot. Now I got the parcel. All seems well. The Hexar RF has a very great touch and feel. As soon I have taken the decision about the lens, I will post again.

Old 03-26-2011   #31
dct

Thanks to the users namdenfoto and rafael I have now a complete Leica Mount equipment with body Hexar RF and wide lens CV 28/3,5 Color Skopar LTM.

Spent today the first few hours lurking around with my new RF toy. So the first roll is started and I will post my Hexar experiences as soon as possible.

Now that I own my first lens there is not so big pressure to get the next. But the next will come, sooner or later: A ultra wide one or a 50mm. Budget and opportunity will tell me the first.

Last edited by dct : 04-24-2011 at 01:24. Reason: link corrected

sample pictures
Old 04-30-2011   #32
dct

sample pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by dct View Post
So the first roll is started and I will post my Hexar experiences as soon as possible.
Here we go, with some flowers.

I'm really pleased about the visual quality of this lens (and camera). Thanks again to all the advices and opinions which helped me getting a very good camera-lens combination.

In addition: comparing the mixed up images in my gallery, I'm really amazed about the quality grade of the APS pictures, compared to those off the Hexar.

More to come.