I've found an offer: zorki-4 with jupiter-8, for eur37,50 (can go lower i guess). I got very excited
I checked the specs of this camera here on the rff forum and some links that i've found here in "zorki" threads; however, still have a few questions to the experts/owners of this gadget:
1. First and most important: this model uses latin, not cyrillic letters (and different lettertype) for the inscription zorki-4. Why is that? does that come with more (important) differences?
2. What does "removable back" mean? You have to take the back off to load it? (it's still better than the load-through-bottom type...)
3. Do you have to trim the film leader when loading? (highly undesirable)
4. The owner says "jupiter-8 2/50 with standard 42mm screwmount". Shouldn't that read 39mm? (he could have made a mistake) Or are there more versions? (future plans of having other LTM lenses on it...)
5. What about size/weight (like, e.g., compared to a yashica GSN
)? I couldn't find any info about this.
6. Is the price okay? ("shutter works good, rangefinder as well, camera looks very good, except some of the leatherette on the back is missing" , says the description. It's a physical person, not a shop - no warranty etc. See attached photo too.)
You guys are the reason I am even considering this camera, so i hope you can help me out with the above questions
-and have a good light today.