Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > 35mm Film Range Finders > Leica M -- Konica RF

Leica M -- Konica RF This forum is about the Konica RF, Konica' s idea of what a M camera should be.

Methods for preventing the frame line preview lever screw coming loose?
Old 07-17-2010   #1
shambla

Methods for preventing the frame line preview lever screw coming loose?

Loosing the screw that holds the frame line preview lever seems to be a common problem with the Hexar RF - there are a few threads in this forum on RFF discussing it. I have 2 RF bodies - one in pretty bad shape that had already lost the screw when I bought it (and had it replaced with a silver one from something else) and one which is currently in mint condition with the original black screw.

I already managed to loose the damn eyepiece from the nice RF body (and replaced it with the one from my beat up one), so I'd very much like to avoid loosing the frame line preview screw too, since I don't have the original black one to take from the other RF.

So does anyone have any ideas to prevent the screw from coming loose and falling out in the first place? Can you simply apply pressure to the flat 'head' of the screw with a finger and turn it clockwise? I tried doing this but it didn't seem to move at all. Now is this because the screw is already completely tight, or because it doesn't work like this? Any thoughts would be much appreciated