Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Clubs, Critique, RFF Projects, Salon > Photogs / Photo Exhibits

Photogs / Photo Exhibits This is the place to discuss a particular Photographer (work, style, life, whatever), as well as to post Gallery and Museum Photo Exhibitions and your own impressions of them. As we march on in this new digital world, it is often too easy to forget about the visual importance of the photographic print, as well as their financial importance to the photographer. It is also interesting to remember that some guy named Gene Smith shot with lenses that many lens test reading "never had a picture published in their life" amateurs would turn up their their noses at, as being "unacceptable."

Semetko Opening At Camera Obscura Gallery...
Old 04-22-2010   #1
csemetko

Semetko Opening At Camera Obscura Gallery...

Hello All,

I'm heading out tomorrow to Denver to attend the opening of an exhibition of my work at the Camera Obscura Gallery there. Thirty of my prints will be on display in one of the galleries, and 30 images will appear in the other gallery by celebrity portraitist Nora Feller. You can see the work that will be shown at this link:

http://www.cameraobscuragallery.com/current%20show.html

I am showing a small selection from the larger grouping called "Street Photography" that I showed at the Frankfurt and Salzburg Leica Galleries. If you're in Denver Friday night from 5:30 to 8:30, please stop by and say hi. The show runs to June 5th. It's a very cool gallery--evidently it's one of the oldest exclusively photographic galleries in the world. They gave Salgado his first show in the US and Elliott Erwitt had a show there in November. Upstairs they have some original Karsh, Willy Ronis and Eugene Smith's Tomoko Uemura In Her Bath from the Minamata series. VERY cool!

Hope to see you there,

Craig