Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Rangefinder Forum > Technique: How To Shoot It

Technique: How To Shoot It Ask questions about how to take pics, as well as share your own favorite shooting tips.

Dr. Sawyer, Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The DW-68
Old 01-12-2010   #1
batterytypehah!
Lord of the Dings

Dr. Sawyer, Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The DW-68

Fresh off the scanner. Espresso brown wooden bust, light from a north-facing window, Sawyer’s Mark IV, hand-held 1/10 s at f/2.8, Efke 100, 10 min in D-76 1:1. Rough scan, curled negative, not adjusted in any way, except for filling in two specks of lost emulsion outside of the main subject.

I metered this shot with my Cold War era GE DW-68 selenium meter, hood off, about 4 inches from the shadow area around the ear.

So, for my (limited) money, I will stop worrying if I need a better meter. Did I mention I picked this baby up for $5 at a camera show?

“Hair-splitting, of course. But hey, it's a LEICA. Probably there are those who get excited about the colour of the hairs you split.” – Roger Hicks

Contax IIa + Leica IIIf + M3 (project) + Zorki-1 (project) + Fuji GS645 + FED-2 + Vitomatic II + Revue 400SE + Olympus XA + more + still more