Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Bigger than 35 RF's > 120 RF's

120 RF's 120 / 220 format rangefinders including Fuji, Koni-Omega, Mamiya Press, Linhof 6x7/6x9 cameras, Mamiya 6/7 among others, but excluding the 120 folders and the Voigtlander 667 cameras that have their own forums.

Old 08-05-2009   #26
Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan B View Post
Does anyone have any shots with the 100mm f/4.5?
Duncan, suggest you search the RFF Gallery for "100mm Bronica" and you'll get several pages of results, including some of mine and some of ShutterFlower's. Here's one... (House mover takes a break on a very hot day as he prepares this century-old house to be moved. Said it's not worth moving but the owner is paying...)

Last edited by Doug : 08-05-2009 at 12:54.

Old 08-05-2009   #27
Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matus View Post
Somewhat OT, but what actually happened to the RF645 - why was the production ceased? It indeed looks like a nice and well done camera without any obvious problems. Was it solely the problem with the long lenses (focusing issues)?
I think it was several factors, as is usual with bad results coming from more than one cause (pilot tired/distracted + ice on wings = crash).

The RF645 was introduced about the time medium format film camera sales took a nosedive. Especially ones with no possible digital future. The 135mm lens issue was embarrassing and expensive, and caused customer hesitation and bad PR. Bronica was taken over by Tamron, I think in the latter stages of development, probably some company upset from that. The camera never really had a chance to prove itself and build a solid customer base.

There are only two serial number ranges, the early bodies with 135mm framelines (most recalled for a change to 100mm mask) start with serial 000xxxx. And the later ones shipping with 100mm framelines had serial numbers with 110xxxx. My older one is numbered a bit below 0005000, so that initial batch may have been 5000 or 10000 units, perhaps the same for the second production batch. My later one is below 1100100. These were being cleared out of the warehouse with sales rebates for a couple years, for the later part of which the 100mm was sold out. ($450 rebate on body+65mm kit, $50 on the other lenses).

Old 08-05-2009   #28
Duncan B
Duncan B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Duncan, suggest you search the RFF Gallery for "100mm Bronica" and you'll get several pages of results, including some of mine and some of ShutterFlower's. Here's one... (House mover takes a break on a very hot day as he prepares this century-old house to be moved. Said it's not worth moving but the owner is paying...)

Doug that looks awesome, as always.