I did this residency last year and it was great. It is pretty bare bones but you get a free place to stay for a month in France, which is pretty nice. I highly recommend anyone interested to apply!
The Artist Residency Program in Rochefort-en-Terre invites applications from professional visual artists and writers in all disciplines who are not enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program. Professional activity and accomplishment must be evidenced by:
a superior portfolio of images or written work an outstanding record of exhibition or publication, noteworthy related activities, including fellowships, awards, other artist residencies, teaching appointments. etc.
Applications for 2009 residencies must be received by January 9, 2009.
Successful applicants must accept the invitation by March 1, 2009.
Required Application Material & Application Process
1. Application Cover Sheet, which can be downloaded by clicking the link http://www.mica.edu/PROGRAMS/int/roc...fort_cover.pdf
2. A letter of intent that must include a description of work to be undertaken while in residence.
3. An up-to-date professional resume
4. Two professional references (sent directly under separate cover).
5. Visual artists should submit 10-20 digital images of recent work: * On a CD/DVD labeled with applicant’s name * Formatted as a Powerpoint presentation with each image a maximum of 800 × 600 pixels, RGB, 72 dpi, jpeg * Accompanied by a slide/image list indicating each image’s title, dimensions, medium, and date (listed in order of presentation).
6. Instead of slides, media, performance, film, and video artists may submit a sample of their work on a DVD containing only work being considered for the residency application and not exceeding five minutes in duration.
A separate document must indicate relevant information about the work, such as the title, media, running time (if submitting as an excerpt), and date.
7. Writers should provide one CD with an electronic copy of work accompanied by one hard-copy, unstapled. Writers should include complete citations for excerpts of larger works or volumes. A submission should include one of the following choices: * A manuscript (play or screenplay) * 75 to 100 lines of poetry in complete short or longer poems * 1 short story * 2 chapters from a novel
8. Include appropriate packaging, return postage, and an address label for any material you wish to have returned.
Christopher & Jane Shipley, Directors
Alfred & Traffort Klots Artist Residency Program
Maryland Institute College of Art
Office of Academic Affairs
1300 Mount Royal Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21217