Go Back   Rangefinderforum.com > Non Rangefinder Cameras > Digital Fixed Lens Advanced Compacts > Fuji X Fixed Lens

Fuji X Fixed Lens This forum is for fans of the rangefinder retrostyled Fuji X Series of digital cameras.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

software question
Old 06-29-2011   #1
back alley
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ moderator
 
back alley's Avatar
 
back alley is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: searching for fresh
Posts: 37,226
software question

on a mac

using adobe photoshop elements 8

is there an upgrade/plug in that will process my x100 raw files

thanks,
totally confused by adobe website...
__________________
heart soul & a camera


x-e1/23/56/16-50
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #2
tlitody
Registered User
 
tlitody is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sceptred Isle
Posts: 1,776
http://download.cnet.com/Adobe-Camer...2_4-35429.html
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #3
back alley
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ moderator
 
back alley's Avatar
 
back alley is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: searching for fresh
Posts: 37,226
i thought that i had read this version was not for pse8...
__________________
heart soul & a camera


x-e1/23/56/16-50
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #4
tlitody
Registered User
 
tlitody is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sceptred Isle
Posts: 1,776
Don't know. I assume its latest so will work for everything as far back as compatibility will allow.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #5
back alley
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ moderator
 
back alley's Avatar
 
back alley is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: searching for fresh
Posts: 37,226
not working for me...
__________________
heart soul & a camera


x-e1/23/56/16-50
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #6
greyelm
Malcolm Smith
 
greyelm's Avatar
 
greyelm is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,694
Have you tried uninstalling and then re-installing PSE8 followed by the 6.4.1 raw update? Worth a try.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #7
back alley
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ moderator
 
back alley's Avatar
 
back alley is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: searching for fresh
Posts: 37,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyelm View Post
Have you tried uninstalling and then re-installing PSE8 followed by the 6.4.1 raw update? Worth a try.
no...i hate not knowing this stuff.
__________________
heart soul & a camera


x-e1/23/56/16-50
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #8
tlitody
Registered User
 
tlitody is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sceptred Isle
Posts: 1,776
did it install ? If so try converting the folder the raw files are in (not individual files) to DNG format files and then open those.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #9
back alley
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ moderator
 
back alley's Avatar
 
back alley is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: searching for fresh
Posts: 37,226
6.4.1. will not install

6.4 did install but my raw files still will not open.
__________________
heart soul & a camera


x-e1/23/56/16-50
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #10
tlitody
Registered User
 
tlitody is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sceptred Isle
Posts: 1,776
doesn't sound good. I don't know why it won't install.
If 6.4 is supposed to have the x100 raw file converter, then install 6.4 and then try to convert the folder that the raw files are in to a dng format folder. If that works then open the dng files in that folder. If it doesn't work then I don't know.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #11
back alley
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ moderator
 
back alley's Avatar
 
back alley is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: searching for fresh
Posts: 37,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlitody View Post
doesn't sound good. I don't know why it won't install.
If 6.4 is supposed to have the x100 raw file converter, then install 6.4 and then try to convert the folder that the raw files are in to a dng format folder. If that works then open the dng files in that folder. If it doesn't work then I don't know.
how do i convert a folder...never did that b4.
__________________
heart soul & a camera


x-e1/23/56/16-50
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #12
tlitody
Registered User
 
tlitody is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sceptred Isle
Posts: 1,776
before we try that can you look for a folder where your 6.4 ACR software is which contains files with a .dcp extension. In that folder is there an x100 file? If not I have extracted one from latest ACR download for mac and will need to send it to you to put in that folder. This may be wishful thinking on my part but without that file it ain't going to work in 6.4.

If you have some unzip software you may be able to extract the file yourself. Its buried several layers into that 6.4.1 downlaod file. I use 7-zip on windows. I don't know on a MAC.
If you can't do it PM me your email and I'll send it.

filename you are looking for is:

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Adobe Standard.dcp
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #13
back alley
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ moderator
 
back alley's Avatar
 
back alley is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: searching for fresh
Posts: 37,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlitody View Post
before we try that can you look for a folder where your 6.4 ACR software is which contains files with a .dcp extension. In that folder is there an x100 file? If not I have extracted one from latest ACR download for mac and will need to send it to you to put in that folder. This may be wishful thinking on my part but without that file it ain't going to work in 6.4.

If you have some unzip software you may be able to extract the file yourself. Its buried several layers into that 6.4.1 downlaod file. I use 7-zip on windows. I don't know on a MAC.
If you can't do it PM me your email and I'll send it.

filename you are looking for is:

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Adobe Standard.dcp

found the dcp file...not sure how to proceed...no unzip file found
__________________
heart soul & a camera


x-e1/23/56/16-50
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #14
tlitody
Registered User
 
tlitody is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sceptred Isle
Posts: 1,776
if that file is already installed on your system then opening the x100 raw files should be working.

Assuming that file is already installed, then use the dng converter to convert to DNG format,

I think what you need to do is start the DNG converter and somewhere use Select Source Folder and select the folder your raw files are in (don't think you will see any files but you know they are there) then return to dng converter main dialog and set any other parameters and do the convert. See what you get

If that doesn't work then I'm stumped on this one.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #15
Keith
On leave from Gallifrey
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Keith is offline
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 16,734
In the meantime Joe just use Silky Pix to convert the files to tiffs ... I can't afford any new software currently and it seems one way out.

If nothing else Silky Pix seems capable of this!

I still can't comprehend how bad Fuji's raw processing software is ... absolute rubbish!
__________________
---------------------------
zenfolio

flickr ... currently all images from the DP2M and DP3M
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #16
tlitody
Registered User
 
tlitody is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sceptred Isle
Posts: 1,776
I know this is the blind leading the blind but I think you need DNG Converter 6.4 which has support for x100 files
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #17
back alley
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ moderator
 
back alley's Avatar
 
back alley is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: searching for fresh
Posts: 37,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlitody View Post
I know this is the blind leading the blind but I think you need DNG Converter 6.4 which has support for x100 files

got it
found it
opened the files...slow as molasses

still cannot open raw files with bridge.

totally frustrated atm...gonna shoot jpg as i get to know the camera, for now, and will return to the quest later on.

many thanks for the help.
__________________
heart soul & a camera


x-e1/23/56/16-50
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #18
csrgavh
Registered User
 
csrgavh is offline
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4
Hi Joe -

I just checked on my Mac. I can't open the RAF files in PSE9 or PSE8. I can in Aperture and Lightroom. I had always assumed that when installing the updated ACR files it handled PSE too. Not true this past time. Not a big deal for me since I very seldom use PSE anymore. I'm sorry if this is not of any help to you though.

--
Craig
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #19
back alley
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ moderator
 
back alley's Avatar
 
back alley is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: searching for fresh
Posts: 37,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrgavh View Post
Hi Joe -

I just checked on my Mac. I can't open the RAF files in PSE9 or PSE8. I can in Aperture and Lightroom. I had always assumed that when installing the updated ACR files it handled PSE too. Not true this past time. Not a big deal for me since I very seldom use PSE anymore. I'm sorry if this is not of any help to you though.

--
Craig
there is a download for pse8 and another for pse9...it's not the same as for lightroom etc.

i would like to try lightroom but it's almost 400 bucks here plus i'm lazy and know what i like to do in pse...what a pain to learn a new system.
__________________
heart soul & a camera


x-e1/23/56/16-50
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #20
tlitody
Registered User
 
tlitody is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sceptred Isle
Posts: 1,776
OK but once the files are converted to dng format then you should be able to open dng files direct.

But maybe life would be easier upgrading to pse9

Last edited by tlitody : 06-29-2011 at 16:18.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #21
back alley
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ moderator
 
back alley's Avatar
 
back alley is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: searching for fresh
Posts: 37,226
does pse open x100 raw files? or, and i think i would have to...still download the update?
__________________
heart soul & a camera


x-e1/23/56/16-50
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #22
tlitody
Registered User
 
tlitody is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sceptred Isle
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by back alley View Post
does pse open x100 raw files? or, and i think i would have to...still download the update?
Good question. I'm assuming (again) that the latest version will work since ACR is supposed to work with PSE but might be worth asking at adobe pse forum before committing to purchase. And specs say you can edit raw image files but then it says that for PSE8 too. Maybe its just an x100 file format problem.

Last edited by tlitody : 06-29-2011 at 16:41.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #23
lynnb
Registered User
 
lynnb's Avatar
 
lynnb is offline
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,576
Joe, have you checked eligibility for Adobe education pricing? If there is a student or teacher in the family...
__________________
Lynn
RFF Gallery
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #24
back alley
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ moderator
 
back alley's Avatar
 
back alley is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: searching for fresh
Posts: 37,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
Joe, have you checked eligibility for Adobe education pricing? If there is a student or teacher in the family...
none of the above...just me...
__________________
heart soul & a camera


x-e1/23/56/16-50
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2011   #25
tlitody
Registered User
 
tlitody is offline
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sceptred Isle
Posts: 1,776
and you can get the free trial version which is fully functional (so it says) to see if it works first.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:00.


vBulletin skin developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All content on this site is Copyright Protected and owned by its respective owner. You may link to content on this site but you may not reproduce any of it in whole or part without written consent from its owner.