View Single Post

Old 10-07-2010   #36
LeicaTom
Watch that step!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john neal View Post
Tom,

Here's a couple of pics of the CRR vulcanite now on my non-stamp K.

What do you think?
Looks pretty good....haven't compared it to the real thing yet, I'm lucky I need only two shells restored and painted and I have them already off of "donor" cameras, I still have to perfect the shutter "K" stamp and I will restamp those two cameras once they are finished........

Tomorrow I should be getting back in the mail "The Major's Camera" (a US Army Signal Corps Leica IIIC K Grey from very late May 1945) as I RETRADED my "Wetzlar" M6 & /series 5/f2/50 Cron for it, it will get a roll of film in it right away, as soon as I can get a pretty gal over for portraits.

I'll take some new shots of the camera as soon as I can and post here, it will be good to have another full-time Grey IIIC K as a "user" again, I've been missing toting around the Grey paint ever since I traded 469 K for my M8

Tom

I'm a Retro PinUp Photographer using vintage M39/LTM Leica/ CZJ Sonnar/ Nippon Kogaku and Canon lenses with a Leica M8 Digital
I'm also a Vintage Volkswagen Collector, Driver and Enthusiast ~ I own a 1957 "Oval Window" Beetle named "Blauchen" (oV!Vo) Beep!

http://www.modelmayhem.com/118

Last edited by LeicaTom : 10-07-2010 at 03:53.